Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another long week

Last week was another long week. This time Andrew's Optician was out on vacation so the other Oshkosh Optician and I took turns going to Ripon to work with Andrew. I went there on Tuesday and it was nice to be at a different office and experience a day there for a change. I also worked four days, so it was another long week without much rest. I had Thursday off and it was a welcome day off, for sure!!

Mads and I ended up spending the day with Jen, Abby & Isaac up in Appleton on Thursday. Our original plan was to hit the park, but it was raining in the morning at I had errands to run since it was my first day off in a couple weeks. So, Mads and I invited them along. We hit up Babies R Us and then we all went to Noodles & Company for lunch. Mads of course shoveled in the Mac & Cheese like it was going out of style! After lunch we hit up a new place called Monkey Joe's. It's a neat indoor play area filled with gigantic blow-up play structures. There was a huge blow up slide and a few different blow up play areas for Abby. They also had a smaller section for tiny tots under age 3. There were three different structures for Mads to bounce around in, a bounce house, a "learning area" and one with a slide. She spent the most time in the learning area jumping around.
Playing in the learning area:



In the bounce house:



They also had a small arcade area. Mads found a driving game and she liked to pretend she was driving. At one point another little kid put a coin in the driving game and was playing for a little bit. Then she ended up getting up and leaving the game before it was over. Mads came up to the game and started driving again, but the game was still going. Mads ended up taking 5th place in that race and unlocked a bonus track. She then drove the bonus track, but only wound up getting 8th place that time. Too funny!
Mads and her sweet driving skills:

Isaac takes a turn:


For the weekend we had a couple of plans, but nothing big. Andrew played golf with a group from church on Saturday at 3PM. Mads and I then met up with the group at 6PM for dinner. On Sunday we went to church and afterwards Andrew went to help out with the Salvation Army meal while Mads and I headed home. Once he was done we went up to Green Bay to spend the afternoon with Grandma Mary.

That's actually all I have for a recap. Like I said at the beginning, it was another long and uneventful week! I only have two random pictures for you. The first one is Mads helping Lily eat her kibble and the second is Mads rocking Dad's golfing hat.



Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love the last picture...so cute! Check out my blog, I have an award waiting for you.