Well, since the two other families on our trip have updated their blogs while on vacation, I feel that I need to do so too! :)
We left Monroe early on Thursday morning and drove 10 hours to Knoxville, TN. We stayed the night there and then went on to Gatlinburg, TN on Friday morning. We spent a few hours in Gatlinburg seeing the sights, including the Salt and Pepper Shaker museum.
We then went about 3 hours from Gatlinburg to Greenville, SC to spend Friday night. We left Greenville on Saturday morning around 8AM and were in Myrtle Beach by noon. It was too early to check in, so we drove around and got acquainted with the city. We're actually staying in Surfside Beach, which is a bit south of Myrtle Beach - but it's all one big mushed together area. We stopped along the beach and spent a few minutes on the beach with Mads. She wasn't the biggest fan of the ocean as a wave came along and knocked her over. We were able to check in to the rental around 3:30 and Tony, Maren, and Esther arrived about an hour later. The Ames' arrived at 7:30 PM and the Klybers around 2:00AM. They had some problems with their flights so they were delayed many hours.
Today we headed to the beach and Mads had lots of fun playing in the sand with Esther, Caden, and Alex. I, unfortunately, forgot to put the camera battery back in after I charged it last night so I don't have any pictures from today.
It's raining now so we're just bumming around in the house.
Sounds like we have lots of fun plans for the rest of the week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment