Today was a pretty laid back day. We actually didn't go anywhere, just hung around the rental. The Zabels left this morning around 10:00 in order to get to the airport for their flight home at noon. Mads was very sad to see her playmate go. She did give her a nice kiss goodbye, though.
After the Zabels left it was down to the Ames' and us. We suited up and headed to the beach. It was a change to be at the beach so early in the day! The surf was pretty rough, Andrew and Ryan even got in trouble by the lifeguard!! They were out in the waves, apparently too far, and she started blowing her whistle at them to come back in. Naughty boys!
Mads, Caden, Barby and I spent the time on the sand. Mads just LOVES the sand. She did more digging and Dad buried her in more holes. Look at these cute bathing beauties!
We also got a nice family picture on the beach in our suits.
We ate lunch at the cafe' that is across the street from the rental, the River City Cafe'. I had a yummy BLT sandwich. After lunch we went down to the beach again for onre more round of family pictures. Ryan used his camera to take our picture, so I don't have the picture yet.
We returned to the rental for Mads' nap while the Ames' left for the Aquarium. We didn't go since we had just gone to the Aquarium when we were in Gatlinburg last week. They came back in the afternoon and started packing up. We all had leftovers for dinner and then the Ames' family hit the road. They like driving through the night because Caden sleeps for most of the trip. It's VERY quiet here in this four bedroom house all alone! We really had a wonderful time here with all of our friends. I hope that they had as much fun as we did!
We plan on getting up pretty early tomorrow so that we can load the van and hit the road by 8AM. We're going to have a full day of driving. Our plan is to drive 12 hours to Indianapolis before stopping for the night! Wish us luck and hope that Mads will be a good rider for us!
Thanks for following our vacation, I will probably have another post again once we're back safe and sound at home!
3 comments:
I loved all the pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time. But we're glad you're back! :)
That picture of Caden smiling is hilarious. He looks like a "South Park" character or something!
Fun pics!
Thanks for commenting on my blog, Nicole. Dr. Marsh in Oshkosh carries the Specs4Us. We ordered a pair for Micah early last week and I hope they arrive tomorrow! I lost his glasses, so he's gone without for almost 2 weeks now.
Post a Comment