Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fishee!

Last week was a fun week. I don't really know what my "normal" work schedule is anymore, but I was back to working three days and having two off last week. It was so nice to have the time with Mads after feeling like I've been running around with an endless list of things to do the last two weeks!

The first day that I had off was Tuesday. In the morning we met up with Melissa, Patrick and Sophie at the park. It's only been a month or two since we played with Patrick last and you could see how much more interactive Mads has become. She and Patrick were actually playing together rather than "parallel play." It was a fun day for Mads and I had fun chatting with Melissa.
How cute is this teeter-totter partner?


After the park we went to Ripon to have lunch with Dad. Mads always has fun going to the office to see Dad & the ladies. After lunch we came home and Mads napped while I did stuff around the house. I was surprised that she was able to take a nice 3 hour nap as the roofers were banging and scraping our new roof!

Thursday night was a fun night. Andrew and I had been talking about getting Mads a fish for a couple weeks and we finally decided to go ahead and do it. We headed on down to PetCo and found our newest family member. He had to spend the night in his baggie as the little aquarium needed to sit for 24 hours before moving him into his new house. We still haven't found a permanent location for "Fishee" (as he's been named) so he's still sitting on the kitchen counter. Every morning Mads says "Hi Fishee!" when we come downstairs.
Selecting items for Fishee's house:

Here's Fishee!

Hi Fishee!

Watching Fishee, it never gets old!


Friday was pretty fun, too. I had the day off so Mads and I started by doing some cleaning. She was very helpful, except in the bathroom. She'll leave me alone when I'm cleaning other rooms, but when it's the bathroom she needs to be right beside me. In order to try to get the bathtub clean I decided to send Mads into the kitchen while I closed the door. At first she was bummed and was knocking on the door, but then it quieted down. I figured she went with Lily to play with her toys. All of a sudden I heard a "BAM" "BAM" and the bathroom door came flying open. Here's Mads in her cozy coupe car and she backed into the door to get it open! The look on her face was priceless as she couldn't quite believe she actually got the door open! I wish I would have had my camera then!

Saturday was a busy day. We left the house by 8:15 to go pick up Jen, Abby & Isaac to go to Badger Mining Adventure Day. It was our first time going and we didn't know what to expect, but it was a BLAST! It was $5 to get in with kids under 4 being free and there was so much to do. It was definitely worth the $10! We started out in the activity area where Mads & Abby sifted for treasures, made colored sand art, and decorated a pet rock.








Then we let Mads explore one of the little Caterpillars while Abby did the Basketball toss.


After that we headed to the back half of the Fairwater plant to play in the sand. Mads played in the sand while Abby did some sledding on the huge sand pile.


There were, of course, some hard hats to try on as well. Abby and Isaac took a picture on another piece of equipment in the "safety area." Mads wouldn't sit still long enough to join them, but she did get to try on a hat.
Isaac:






The last item on our agenda for the day was a train ride! It was a 20 minute train ride and it was pretty neat! We missed a lot of the other activities that they had going on, but we had some hungry kiddos. We will definitely be going back next time they have Adventure Day!





Sunday was another busy day. We went to Isaac's baptism in the morning, followed by a luncheon at Karl & Jen's house. Then we quick zipped home for Maddie's nap and were over to Erin, Dave & Alice's house for dinner around 4:30. We had a fun night at Erin & Dave's complete with Sesame Street and Trivial Pursuit. But, NOT Sesame Street Trivial Pursuit! ;) I was actually surprised when we got in the car to find it was only 9:00. It seemed like we did so much more!
Here's a picture of Mads & Alice, courtesy of Dave:


We had a very fun week and hope that you did too! Here is one more picture of Mads. This is from Friday when we took Lily to the vet. Mads decided that she would be the one to walk Lily and when the girls had to take Lily away for her X-Ray Mads had a big meltdown and cried until Lily was safely returned. Guess all of Lily's protection of Mads over the last 19 months is being reciprocated!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: