I'm back from the doctor and I am now the owner of a permanent cast. The doctor who did my surgery took a look at the X-Rays from last week and said that the gap the other doctor was concerned about is within normal limits. He also looked at my incisions and said they were looking good. The staples were removed and then I was given a permanent cast. He said that I will be in the cast for three weeks, then I will be given a boot and allowed to occasionally flex my ankle. But, there will still be no weight bearing with the boot. I'm thinking they will probably start me with some physical therapy at that time, too.
I was able to get a copy of my X-Rays. Here's before surgery:

And after (12 staples on the right side where the plate was put in and 8 on the left with the wiring)...

I also took some pictures of my leg after they took the splinting off and before the staples were removed:



And without further ado.... my new cast!
4 comments:
you're making some progress, sugar! hang in there ...
:) M
Glad to see there's progress afoot - sorry couldn't resist! Seriously though, me & Stevie both cringed at the quantity of metal you've had to have in your leg - here's hoping your recovery time will fly by from now on!!! Hugz!!!
I gotta say, you beat me on the staples!!! Probably the metal too. Hope things are going some better and the days aren't so long...daytime TV is not worth having...then again, not sure night time is any better...GOTTA LOVE NETFLEX:)
Love ya, take care
AJ
I'm caught up to here, but accidently posted on the 24 hr post!
Hugzzzzz!
Post a Comment