Monday, June 23, 2008

Keeping up with the weekly posts...

I just posted on Friday, but since Monday is the day that I normally try to update the blog I thought I would stick with routine and put up a post.
Nothing has really happened since Friday. There's not much that you can do with a broken leg! Mary came down to visit on Saturday. She helped Andrew clean up the house a bit and then we went out to lunch and Target. Since Mary will be helping me to the doctor on Thursday Andrew wanted to make sure that she was okay with helping me in and out of the house. We went to lunch at Red Robin and I'm sure I was quite a sight sitting at the table with my leg propped up on the chair! We also went to Target to pick up a few things. Andrew was pushing me in the store's wheelchair and Mary was pushing Maddie in the cart. Maddie thought it was pretty funny that she could see her mom at her level when she looked out the side of the cart!
Sunday morning we went out to church. Andrew asked if I wanted to do anything else while we were out, but the hour at church was about all my leg could handle. So, we headed home and spent the day lounging. While I was holding Maddie at one point during the day I started playing with her hair. I was able to get most of it up into a "big girl pony." I'm not talking a top pony or a side pony. Miss Madeline had a full-fledged ponytail going on. How cute!





Here are a couple pictures of Maddie playing with Daddy on Saturday.




We would also like to say Congratulations to the Golackson Family on the birth of their newest member, Hadassah. She was born June 23rd at 10:25AM. Hopefully they will have some pictures up on their blog soon!

Hope everyone has a good week. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

LVMommy22 said...

love the bit about you and maddie getting wheeled around target together, lol!
:) M

KristiYaYa said...

OMG, Girl, I just caught up on several entries. You're getting around pretty well for a gimp! I certainly admire your positive attitude and your ability to go with the flow! (Of course, I think I'm muster up all my strength to got to Red Robin too!!!!) The pics of Miss Maddie are just adorable as usual! Love the pony. And hmmmmm, got a question for ya ... the photo for her in the exersaucer right after the 2 pics of your cast......... that backwards glance..... is that JUST LIKE HER MOTHER, or WHAT!?!?!?! Love, hugs, and prayers my dear friend! Muahhhh!

Amandac said...

Awww look at Maddie's super sweet ponytail! Love it to bits! I'm glad that you are getting out a bit Nic, you are one brave pinkie pal! {hugs}