Maddie, Lily and I hitched a ride to Monroe with Dad and Marie when they went home on Sunday afternoon. Our babysitter is taking vacation this week, and since I'm unable to care for Maddie myself we had to make other arrangements. My mom offered for the three of us (Maddie, Lily & I) to come down and stay for the week. We're actually going to stay 10 days to help cut down on babysitting expenses since I'm not working. I also think that it will be nice for Andrew to have a bit of a break from taking care of everyone. He's been doing a wonderful job, and even though he won't admit it, I'm pretty sure that after three weeks of taking care of everything and everyone in the house he would like a little time to himself. He's going to come down to Monroe this weekend to visit us and before he knows it we will be back home on Wednesday the 16th.
Here are a few pictures from our week.
Maddie in Pajamas playing on the floor:
Maddie recently became very excited about her toys. Here she is playing with her stacking rings:
On Thursday Jill & Eric came over to help install a ramp for my wheelchair. Initially Andrew and I thought we wouldn't need a ramp since I was able to bounce into the house through the front door. Let me tell you, I am so glad that we have the ramp now! Andrew is able to push me into and out of the house in the wheelchair, reducing the risk of me hurting my other leg with my bouncing!
On the 4th we had Maddie in a cute outfit with piggy-tails. She was our little sparkler, that is until she had an explosion of her own. This is afterwards, during her nap:
Saturday was bath day and Andrew decided to bring Maddie downstairs for a bath in the sink so that I could help. She had a blast in the sink! Look how adorable she is!!
On Sunday Maddie went for a walk with Andrew, Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Marie. This was a big deal because she sat in her stroller for the first time without her carrier seat! She was able to see the world from a Big-Girl view!
Thanks for stopping by!
2 comments:
I hope your "down time" flies by.
oh my goodness! big girl pony tails and riding in the stroller with no car seat - time is flying by here! next she'll be eating skettie and meatballs at the table with her own fork, lol! hey, skype me - i have a little good news.
:) M
Post a Comment