Monday, June 30, 2008

How long is 24 Hours?

24 Hours used to go by very quickly, however, over the last two weeks they have gone by VERY slowly. You don't realize how long 24 hours can be when you're stuck to the couch with the same crappy TV schedule day after day! Obviously the week was pretty uneventful. Maddie went to the babysitter every day while Andrew was at work since I'm unable to take care of her by myself. I feel absolutely horrible sending my baby away while I do nothing!

Even though our family as a whole didn't spend much time together we did have a few exciting milestones. First off, Maddie wore her first pair of "Weeboks" on Tuesday. Here she is modeling them for you:


On Wednesday we had another big girl hair day with some piggies (look closely against the pillows):



A few days ago I caught Maddie with her thumb in her mouth. I quickly removed it as I am NOT a fan of thumb sucking. My theory is that you can take a NUK away, but the thumb stays around forever. I refuse to have Maddie be the girl in Kindergarten that still sucks her thumb and gets teased! I got a couple pictures of Maddie breaking Mom's law yesterday afternoon:




Now, News on the Leg Front. I was able to get a wheelchair on Thursday. While it sounds ridiculous for a 26 year old to need a wheelchair, it has actually made things a lot easier around here. We were invited out to dinner last night with Andrew's Aunt Eileen and Uncle Jim from Arizona. I was able to be wheeled into the restaurant instead of having to hop. Here, by request, is a picture of me in my sweet new ride:


I go back to the doctor today to have my staples removed and to have a couple more XRays taken. When I went in last Thursday the doc told me that the plate and wires were looking good, but my ankle was looking "wide" and that could be due to a problem with either a tendon or ligament. He wanted to look again after the weekend, thus the need for the appointment today. Hopefully things will look alright and we can continue my recovery.

Here are a few other pictures from our week. Thanks for stopping by!

Lily supervises Exersaucer time:


Exhausted after a day at the baby sitter's.


Nick and Claire enjoy the Chocolate Fondue at the Melting Pot last night:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be just me, but those pigtailes give her an adorably surprised look!! Love the vroom vroom but it needs som pink stramers and go faster stripes - and possibly a built in coffee dispenser and music system lol! Sorry the days are dragging chum - wish I could delegate you some things to keep you occupied because my time is manicly busy at the moment. Hugz!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should "trick out" your new ride.

LVMommy22 said...

love love love the piggies! they are the most adorable thing i've seen in a long time! of course, it doesn't hurt that they're on such a cute kid, lol!

you definitely need to spiff up your new ride. racing stipes and streamers sound about right, and maybe an ooga ooga horn, too, lol!

don't stress over the thumb thing; she's not sucking on it, she's starting to teeth. you'll notice lots of drooling soon and some irritability, too. if you don't want her chewing on her thumb, start handing her teething toys when you pull her thumb out.
:) M

KristiYaYa said...

I've caught up on all your posts and I'm so happy for you that you got to stay with family for awhile. I think that the TV isn't your favorite company... and I wouldn't like it much either!!!
Hugzzzzzzzz!