Friday, June 20, 2008

Finally, Updates!

My last post before my broken leg was June 9th, so I have a bit of catching up to do. I will try to do my best to remember the things we did!

In the evening of Monday the 9th Maddie tried out her Exersaucer for the first time. Aunt Jill had passed along the Exersaucer when we went to see them for Jill's birthday. Maddie has a lot of fun with it. She can touch her toes to the bottom, but doesn't quite have the spinning part down.



Tuesday, June 10th:
We went to have lunch with Daddy and while we were at his office Cassandra and Natalie stopped by. Natalie is 9 months old now and fascinated with Maddie.


That evening Maddie requested a bedtime book. Look how cute she and Daddy are!


Thursday, June 12th was Maddie's 5 Month birthday! I can not believe that she is 5 months old already. Here are her monthly pictures!





Friday the 13th was my last day of work at Children's. I decided to take a position in Oshkosh at Mercy Medical Center. The new position is an all days position which will make things a lot easier. I was supposed to have my orientation completed and start on staff at Mercy on July 6th, but that will need to be pushed back now that I can't bear any weight on my right leg. Anyway, once I was done with work at Children's we headed to Monroe for Father's Day weekend.
I took this picture of Maddie while Andrew was driving. I love to look back in the rear-view mirror and see Maddie looking out the window, it's so darn precious.


Saturday the 14th was a big day. In the morning we walked down to the Square for the craft fair. It was a pretty disappointing turn out, but we had a fun time out in the sun.


When we got back to my mom's house Maddie was hot so we stripped her down and let her play on the floor. She decided that Saturday was the day to master her rolling. We layed her on her back and she flipped to her belly and back to her back multiple times, eventually rolling the entire length of the living room. Here she is in the middle of her rolling adventure!


Sunday was, of course, Father's Day. We went to church in the morning with my dad and Marie and then around noon headed over to their house for a Father's Day picnic. It was a nice day and we were able to sit outside on the new deck. We had a great time and got to see many family members.
Here's Maddie with Grampa Jeff:


And Maddie with her Daddy and Grampa Jeff:


Then we come along to Monday. Monday the 16th was the day that I broke my leg. I already told you that story, so we'll move along! ;)

I came home on Tuesday after spending the night at Aurora. Here's what my leg looks like all wrapped up and gorgeous.



Wednesday was a day of rest spent at home. Maddie had some fun with the Puppy Play Gym.


Yesterday we went to the orthopedic doctor and had my leg dressings removed. He took a look at my incision sites and assessed the swelling. Things looked good and the swelling wasn't too bad. He wrapped my leg back up in new dressings, just as it had been wrapped. When we got home from the doctor we had more bumming time at home and Maddie hit up the Exersaucer again. She even had some spinning going on!


Later in the evening last night I was having more pain and some cramping in my leg after it had been rewrapped. I gave the doctor's office a call this morning and they had me come in around noon to unwrap it and assess it again. Once the dressings were removed the pressure that was on my incision sites was gone and so was the discomfort. I was also able to move my leg around a little to lessen the cramping. They rewrapped my leg again, only this time I haven't had the extra pain like I did yesterday. When we got home Miss Maddie took a nap. She was down for two hours and we hadn't heard a peep so I sent Andrew upstairs to check on her. This is what he found:
At some point she had decided that she would rather sleep on her belly than her back! What a kid!

So, that's our week and a half in review. Thank you so much to everyone who has sent cards or emails wishing me a speedy recovery. I hope that things will heal completely and quickly. I will keep you updated on how life on one leg is going! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

AJ said...

Hey Nikki, you really did it up good. what a bad deal:( Hope things go well and the timeline can be made shorter for you. take care, hug the Maddie for us! Let us know if there is anything we can do from here~
love ya lots,
AJ

LVMommy22 said...

hiya nicole! i hope you're feeling a little better each day. i can't believe maddie mastered rolling so quickly! she's totally mobile now and you'll always have to wonder where she going to roll to now, lol! crawling can't be far behind ... look out! i love the photo of her sleeping on her tummy. she looks so peaceful! hey, do you know you can lower the hight of the excersaucer? then maddie can sit and practice pushing up on her legs and learn to bounce. she might also spin better sitting down.
see ya later!
:) M

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I just went back and look at the pics in her 'every month' outfit. SHE IS SOOO MUCH BIGGER! I can hardly believe it!!
She really is just getting bigger and cuter by the day!

Hope your starting to feel a bit better now also! Tell Andrew i said HI.---Juli

Carol said...

Oh good grief, it looks so painful, you poor thing. But Maddie, oh my! what a cutie patootie she is. You just get yourself better soon, hop-a-long.

Amandac said...

Ouch Nic that looks really uncomfortable! You are a supertrooper for being so positive about it! And that Miss Maddie is just the sweetest button ever! Get well quickly!!!