Monday, August 26, 2013

Two Months

Monday, August 19th

Two Months.  Eight weeks.  61 Days.  

Those descriptions make the time seem very short, but to me it feels like an eternity.  An eternity since my heart was broken into millions of pieces.  On some of the days it even feels as if each of those million pieces is breaking again into a million more pieces.    

I've seen Amelia in the day to day.  She shows her presence when I need it most.  Like the day I went grocery shopping and pink roses were on sale by the front door.  Or when the sky looked so beautiful, almost like an opening into Heaven.  

We went to visit our beautiful girl on her two month birthday.  We took along two pink roses and a birthday gift that Madeline chose all by herself.

Laying our birthday roses next to all of the other beautiful flowers that friends and family have brought:

Placing her gift:
Happy Two Month birthday sweet Amelia:
Mads always has kisses for her sister.
We love you so much, sweet baby girl.

~**~
This is Amelia's birthday gift.  Mads and I were shopping in one of the Downtown Oshkosh stores on a Saturday and Mads found this dress.  She told me it was super pretty and Amelia would like it.  I agreed it was pretty and that she would have liked wearing it, but then we left the store.  When we got home I was upset that I didn't let Mads purchase the dress for her sister.  So we went back later in the week to purchase the dress.  My precious Mads said that she wanted to give the dress to Amelia for her birthday and that God would come to get the gift and give it to Amelia for us.  We wrapped up the dress and left it for God to pick up.  I'm sure Amelia looks gorgeous in her new dress from her sister.

No comments: