Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Nathan goes to school and we go to a Packer game!

We had a busy week last week.  Mads and Nate both were enrolled in Vacation Bible School.  This was super exciting for many reasons:  #1 - A school to learn about God  #2 - A fun time to meet new friends and Nathan's source of his excitement, #3 - He FINALLY gets to go to school!  Poor little dude has been waiting and waiting and waiting to get a chance to go to school.  He's had to watch Mads go to 4K and Summer School and all he gets to do is stay home with his lame mom!  ;) 
The first day when I dropped him off he was so excited to run in and start working on his project, which was a shield.  The theme of VBS was "Kingdom Rock" and it was a medieval theme.  
 Nate was super happy to be in school and barely said good bye to me.   After I helped Mads find her group I realized I forgot to give Nathan his formal check-in name tag.  I went back to give it to him and he had a bit of a melt-down when he realized I would be leaving again.  A super cute little girl, Sophie, came up to Nate and said "Are you sad?  I was sad when I first went to school, but it's fun and your mommy will come back and get you when we're done.  Do you want to play with me?"  With that Nate was off like a flash and every night for the rest of the week he talked about his friend Sophie.  (By the way - I don't think this girl was older than 4.  What a sweetheart!)

Nathan's Pre-K class was done at 7:00, but the older kids weren't done til 8:00.  So each night we would pick up Nate and come back later for Mads.  The first night when we came back we walked in the door just as they were getting ready to sound the gong to end the sessions.  The teacher asked if he would like to help and of course he did!  :)
 It was a super fun week.  Both kids couldn't stop talking about what they did, what they learned and how much fun they had each day.  Andrew and my favorite quote came from Mads when she told us "Did you know that the stories in the Bible actually HAPPENED?"  :)

Thursday was the final class of the week and both kids came home with a bag of goodies.  Nate was so excited to show Andrew and I all that he made during class.
 Here are their official Kingdom Rock VBS pictures:


On Friday Andrew and I were able to attend the Packer's first preseason game at Lambeau Field!  My friend, Melissa, had tickets and offered them to us.  The tickets were for the new section, so we were the first people to use the seats!  The new section was pretty sweet; with it's own concession stand and bathrooms, and actual seats!!  No bleachers for us!  We were also in the front row so we had a fabulous view and lots of room to stretch out!

Our view!
We each had our own cupholder in front of us as well!
 Andrew was the first one of us to realize that we were sitting in actual seats, not on metal bleachers!
Check out that leg room!!
Packer Fans!
 We took our friends, Luke & Dianne along with us.  Luke is a Raiders fan and Dianne is a Cowboys fan.  I'm sure that they are now Packer fans after their trip to historic Lambeau!  Right, guys?

Andrew & I with Dianne, Luke was taking the picture!

Whew!  A busy week, but we made it through!

No comments: