Thursday, July 16, 2015

Amelia Island Trip - DAY SIX, Part Three - June 19th - Family Photos

When we booked our trip to Amelia Island I knew that I wanted to have our family pictures taken on the beach.  I figured it would be one way to have our entire family together, the four of us here, plus Amelia in spirit on the Island with her name!  

How do you go about finding a photographer in town you know nothing about?  Well, you start with the internet!  I asked the owner of the condo that we rented for a suggestion and when I reached out, they never contacted me back.  I did a little more searching and came upon m.bee images on Facebook.  I looked at her portfolio on her website and contacted her to see if she would be available in June for us.  She was so nice in her messages and I felt totally at ease with her.  I told her Amelia's story and the reason for why we were vacationing on Amelia Island, also why I wanted June 19th as our session date.  Melissa was so understanding and compassionate - I know that I was led to her!  :)

As our vacation unfolded Melissa became our unofficial tour guide!  She lives in Fernandina Beach and gave us suggestions of restaurants to try (Arte Pizza!) and things to do (Sunset Cruise!)  

When it came to the afternoon of our session, a thunderstorm started rolling in.  We actually lost power in the condo for awhile when the kids were napping.  You could hear the thunder in the distance and I was worried that we were going to get rained out.  Melissa contacted me and asked my thoughts on the weather situation.  She offered to meet us earlier than our scheduled time in order to make sure we got a few photos taken.  We all rushed to get dressed and Melissa dropped what she was doing and we all met at the pier 20 minutes later!  We are so thankful that Melissa was so accommodating as our flight was out of Jacksonville the next morning at 9AM.  We didn't have time left in our trip to reschedule.

Melissa was so fantastic with the kids.  Mads was super happy to make a new friend while Nate, on the other hand, wasn't too happy about being woken up from his nap.  He was a grump-master and a lot harder to win over!  BUT - Melissa brought bubbles, Skittles and a giant umbrella - all which won Nate over!  :)

As always, pictures are worth a thousand words, but truly look at how wonderfully Melissa captured our family, on our once-in-a-lifetime trip!

Quick!  Everybody assemble on the pier!
 Such a gorgeous girl! - Who are her parents?  :)




 See...  Grump-master!  :)

 Nathan finally got himself happy!  :)


 We think this is when Nate was telling Melissa all about the Ninja Turtles!





 So serious!
 A photo that I will treasure forever - 


Looking at all of my favorite pictures brings tears to my eyes again.  Melissa's work is absolute perfection.  Thank you so much for helping our family capture amazing memories of our vacation on Amelia Island!  

No comments: