**This is Post 4 of 6 recapping our vacation in Mexico. You may want to scroll down to the bottom of the blog and work your way upward in order to read these in order!**
Ah, Sunday, April 29th. My big 30th birthday. I can't really be that old already, can I?
Anyway... we started off my birthday by waking up early and heading down to the beach to watch the sunrise.
How gorgeous!
Looking at our resort in the new sunlight of dawn:
Instead of the breakfast buffet we went to the Seaside Grill for some omelettes.
Then, at 10:00 I had my first drink in my hand. Andrew suggested that I drink 30 drinks on my 30th birthday (like you're supposed to do when you turn 21) I'm happy to report that I had only 4 drinks, ALL DAY LONG.
A pretty good way to spend a birthday, I'd say!
Catching some rays!
Ah!
While we were eating lunch this bunny escaped from the kids area. So the wildlife we saw in Mexico consisted of a chihuahua, white bunny, and a few iguanas!
We took a boat ride after lunch.
Looking back towards the resort:
Peek!
Enjoying the open water:
Look! Thumbs up! :)
That afternoon Andrew and I both had massage appointments. We were able to enjoy the special (SUPER HOT) spa jacuzzi before our massages.
After our spa treatment we got ready for dinner. We headed down to the BARacuda for a bit before dinner. This bar was right on the shore and had these awesome swings to sit on. Our bartender, Luis, was nice enough to take these pictures for us:
Andrew went up to order me a drink. I didn't really know what I wanted so Andrew asked Luis to whip something up. Luis made this concoction that looks like a rainbow and tastes like a sno-cone. He wouldn't tell us what was in the drink, so we referred to it as the Luis Especial.
For my birthday we had a special dinner on the beach. This was my view:
Our waiter didn't even wait to be asked to take a picture. He offered as soon as dinner started!
At the end of dinner I asked for coffee. This is what I got. Looks okay, doesn't it...
No! It was the tiniest coffee cup I had ever seen! (It was good coffee, though!)
Andrew was pondering my small coffee mug, while you can see his normal, human-sized mug in front of him! :)
The end of dinner. The end of my 30th birthday. It was fantastic!

No comments:
Post a Comment