Wednesday was Applesauce day. Maddie gave the applesauce a go and took to them right away. Apples are a lip smacker just like the pears are!
In broken leg news I am now strolling around in my shoe with an aircast! About two weeks ago, after a weekend of walking in the boot, I tried to go down to my shoe but it only lasted a couple days. I did really well for the first two days but then started having a lot of pain. The pain continued to get worse over the course of a week. I had put my boot back on and that didn't relieve the pain so I went down to walking on it as minimally as possible. Even then I was still having throbbing pain that was so severe I took pain pills that were left over from the surgery in June. I was so worried that I might have possibly reinjured my leg. I was finally able to see the doc on Thursday and he took X-Rays to verify that nothing was out of place. The X-Rays came back looking the same, everything was OK, and the doc said that pain is very common and should be expected for up to six months. I figured that I would have pain, but pain the level I was experiencing was just crazy! I decided that I would just have to power through the pain and hopefully moving around more would help. On Friday I had another Physical Therapy appointment and my therapist really massaged my ankle and stretched it out. She also manipulated my aircast so that it would fit better and gave me a sock-like stretchy material to help reduce the swelling. After that appointment on Friday I felt one hundred times better. Something in the combination of stretching, aircast and sock really made a difference. I still have soreness but not the throbbing pain that I had last week. Knock on wood that I am on the mend! :)
So with my ankle in better condition Andrew, Maddie, Lily and I headed up to Minnesota to spend the weekend with our friends, the Zabels. We met Tony and Maren in Chicago when Tony and Andrew were classmates at ICO. We hadn't seen the Zabels since our vow renewal in October. They have a daughter, Esther, who was born in December. We wanted to get together back in April before I went back to work, but it didn't work out so we were glad to finally see them!
We left our house on Saturday morning and got up to their place around 2:00. We ate a late lunch and hung out at their house until Tony was done with work. Then we went to the Mall of America. I had never been to the Twin Cities so everything we did was new to me. When we got to the Mall we first went to the aquarium they have there. It was really neat! You go through the aquarium in a tunnel on a slow moving sidewalk and the fish are all around you, even above you!
After the Aquarium we wandered around the mall and hit up Legoland where Esther played with the Legos for a bit.
How adorable is this? On the way home from the Mall Maddie wanted to hold hands with Esther:
On Sunday we got up relatively early and were to the Minnesota State Fair by 9:30. We walked around for about 4 1/2 hours. We watched some showing of horses, took in the goats, fine arts building and craft building, had some corn dogs, ice cream and cream puffs! I didn't get a lot of pictures from the fair, but hope to get copies of Tony's pictures soon. I was able to get a couple of Maddie comfortably taking in everything (the only way she would wear her hat is if it was on sideways):
Monday morning the girls played and then we went for lunch before we left to head back to WI.
It was a really fun trip. We enjoyed seeing Tony and Maren and meeting Esther. The girls really had a fun time together and hopefully it won't be so long before we see them again!
This upcoming weekend is going to be a busy one too. We're heading down to Monroe on Friday and then on Sunday we have Maddie's baptism. We're looking forward to seeing many of you at the baptism.
I'll leave you with a few random pictures from the week.
Someone found Lily's bacon!
Splashing in the new bath seat from Grandma Mary (Yes, the water is pink... Gramma Jackie gave us fizzies that change the color of the water):
Thanks for stopping by!
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. At some point we need to visit everyone too. Maybe you could come out when it is freezing there ;)
Post a Comment