Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Busy Week for the Busy Bee!

Last week was an amazing week for Maddie. She had lots of big girl moments and it makes her mom and dad sad to think about how she's grown so quickly!

Let's start with Monday, Labor Day. After we got home and unpacked after visiting the Zabels in Minnesota we were playing on the floor with Maddie and she crawled! We kept joking with Tony and Maren over the weekend that their daughter, Esther, would teach Maddie how to crawl while we were there. Apparently, she did! Maddie had been trying very hard for the last couple of weeks to be mobile and now she finally is! Here is some video from Tuesday of Maddie and her new-found mobility:


Along with trying to crawl, Maddie had been working on popping out a tooth. She's been drooling all over everything for the last couple of months and we really thought she was going to have teeth quickly. We were wrong on that, but on Saturday we found that she had popped her first tooth! It's one of the bottom front teeth and today Andrew thought he felt her second tooth coming through next to it as well. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the new tooth. It's hard enough to try to feel it, let alone see it and take a picture! :)

Then on Sunday we had Maddie's Baptism at St. John's UCC in Monroe. She was such a good girl! She did give Pastor Mike a bit of a look that seemed to say "Don't be messing up my hair with that water, pal!" After the church service we had lunch at Dad & Marie's house with the family. It was a wonderful day to be outside and sharing time with our family!

Our family with Pastor Mike:

Maddie with Pastor Mike:

With Maddie's Godparents; Uncle Eric, Aunt Jill and Aunt Kimmy:

With Maddie's Great-Grandmothers; Selma and Lucy

With Maddie's Grandparents; Grandpa Jeff, Grandma Marie, Grandma Mary, Gramma Jackie and Grandpa Thom:


In broken leg news, I've been going to Physical Therapy twice a week for about a month now. I've gotten a lot more movement and have been able to walk around pretty nicely with my aircast and compression sock on. If I have to get up during the night to check on Maddie, I'm able to walk without support for the short distance. I still seem to have a problem area to the back-right side of my ankle movement. PT and I are working to correct this problem and get back to full range of motion as well as strengthen my calf muscle.

I went back to work yesterday and worked a 12 hour shift right out of the gate. It was a busy day too, but I did well. I didn't have many chances to sit down since it was so busy, but it was probably a good thing to get me moving and back into the swing of things. By the end of the day I was moving a bit slower and limping more, but with more PT that should hopefully be solved soon!

Here are some random pictures from the week. Hope you enjoy Little Miss Cute-Stuff! :)

Trying out the Sippy Cup:

Someone wasn't sleeping during nap time!

Playing Peek with Gramma J:


Trying Pudding for the first time:




Thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: