Monday, September 22, 2008

First Cold

Not a lot happened in the Josephs household this week. This was mainly due to Maddie coming down with her first cold. When she got home from the sitter's house on Tuesday we noticed that she was a bit sniffy, but thought that it was due to her teething. By Wednesday morning it had turned into a full-blown cold complete with stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing and boogers everywhere. Maddie has done pretty well throughout the length of the cold with some problems eating and sleeping. The eating issues were due to the stuffy nose and not really knowing how to coordinate swallowing with breathing, especially with the more liquidy food and bottles. The sleeping issues stemmed from not being able to NUK with the stuffy nose and waking up without it. We've gotten through the week and Maddie seems to be on the mend. Andrew and I both picked up the stuffy nose as well. Andrew recovered in a day, but I'm still stuffed myself, but on the downswing.

Since we all weren't feeling the best we didn't go out and do much. I also worked this weekend so that put a damper on our plans as well. We did make a trip to the grocery store on Wednesday and Maddie got to ride in her big girl car seat for the first time. No more baby carrier for her!



On Thursday we let her give Cheerios and a waffle a try since she didn't want to eat her oatmeal. You know things aren't right for Maddie when she won't eat her oatmeal! Luckily she found that Cheerios are pretty tasty!




She also had her first bites of meat, which were in the form of baby food Chicken. She was not a fan and didn't eat much.


So, really, that's about it for our week. Here a couple more random pictures:

Getting into things she shouldn't be in:

Helping fold laundry:

Wearing my Alaska jammies from Daddy's friend Corrie:

Reading a book this morning:


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colds suck! I hope you are all feeling much better.

KristiYaYa said...

What a joy, catching up with you and your family! I'm so happy to hear that you are progressing so well with your recovery! Maddie is certainly growing FAST!!! I'm so amazed at her. I love the high chair pic where she is wearing the CUTEST POSER SMILE!!!! That is one you will see in pictures for YEARS and YEARS once she perfects it!!!!
HUGS -K