We were able to attend a Packers regular season game this year on November 10th.
Headed into Lambeau. You'll notice we were layered in stocking caps, coats, sweatshirts, under armour under our jeans and boots.
The weather forecast projected the temperature to be around 40 degrees. Well, our seats were located in the north end zone and we had direct sunlight on us for the entire game.
I wish I would've had a thermometer because it had to have been a "feels like temperature" of at least 65ish! I ended up taking off my coat and sweatshirt and considered taking off my boots since my feet were so toasty! I had a short sleeve shirt on for the entire game and actually got a suntan! Good thing I didn't wear the Carhartts that I had originally planned on!
During the National Anthem we were to participate in a card stunt. We were ready to roll:
But there was no direction as to when we were all supposed to put our cards up. The stunt ended up looking a bit haphazard.

Oh well! No time to worry about the card stunt - we were ready to watch second string QB Seneca Wallace lead Packers, using the fourth string tight end to a win! LOL!
So we found other ways to entertain ourselves. With a beer!
I'm not kidding when I say the sun was shining directly at us - it was blinding! So much so that Andrew actually went and bought me a hat with a brim. Once I got that on it was soooo much easier to watch the game!
We were joking about my new hat and this "hat fail" that is circulating around the internet:
My impression of hat fail guy (seriously - by this time the third string QB was in and there wasn't much of a game to watch!)
Then we looked over in the fourth quarter and saw this happening. I am not even kidding. This guy truly was a hat fail!!
Yes, his hat is on backwards and he's holding up his card stunt card to block the sun. HAT FAIL.
Back to the entertainment! During halftime there was a parachute team to honor Veterans.
The smoke lines are from the parachuters as they were making loops in the sky:
coming in for a landing on the field:
We ended the game with our traditional take home travel cup of hot chocolate. At least there were a few bright spots to watching the game at Lambeau! :)
No picture of the scoreboard since the Pack lost. It was my first trip to Lambeau that didn't include the Vikings, a win, or Aaron Rodgers.











No comments:
Post a Comment