Yesterday was a busy day! We started out with the Sheels Run 4 Home 5K/10K and Kids Run. Barby and I started the 10K run at 8AM. We were able to finish our 10K before the kids did their run at 9:30. Mads was very excited about her run. We even got her some new "tie shoes" before her race so that she would be fast. I will let the pictures do the talking...
Mads has her bib on, ready to go! (And is stinkin' adorable!)
Mads, Barby & Caden before the Kids Run. Barby ran with Caden and Mads, until Mads broke the rule of racing, never leave your partner behind! :)
Starting off the race:
And now Mads is on her own. She ran the entire 1/4 mile. No walking for this kid!
Andrew got this picture of Nathan & I watching Mads from the stadium. Proud Momma!
Watch this next series of pictures.. the boy ahead of Mads in the red shirt better watch out...
She's gaining on him (even while struggling to hold her pants up!)
She's making her move:
Mads did end up overtaking the boy in the red shirt right before the finish line!
Running past Dad on the way to the finish line! (See the red shirt behind her?)
Ponytail flying in the breeze!
FINISHED! So happy and proud!
Caden & Mads with their finisher medals:
This picture is from when Barby and I had finished our 10K and were getting our finisher medals:
We did it... next stop - THE HALF MARATHON!
I am SO proud of how fantastic Mads did!! Who knew we had two runners in our family. Just wait until Nathan can do it!
Such a ham! :)
Nathan was able to enjoy a hot dog from the snack table after all of our races were done.
Mads loved the oranges from the food table :)
Since Mads did such a fantastic job running her race I treated her to a pedicure!! Mads & I had a blast having a girls afternoon getting pampered! I think this could be a fun post-race tradition as Mads is doing another Fun Run when I do my Half Marathon.
Reading some new Mac & Cheese recipes:
Wearing the big flip flops!
Finished product! Mads chose the lovely purple color for us, and we even got nail art! Too bad it's not quite warm enough for sandals yet!
We had such a fun day and Andrew & I are SO PROUD of how awesome Mads did!
No comments:
Post a Comment