Monday, March 12, 2012

Wonderfully warm weather, perfect for playing outside and a 5K!

Wow!  Remember last weekend we had snow to play in?  Well, that's long gone and it's been replaced with wonderful weather that has been up into the mid-60's!!  On Saturday the weather was in the mid 50's but SUPER windy!  Despite the wind it was a great day to run my FIRST 5K!!! 

Barby and I ran the Oshkosh Shamrock Shuffle 5K Run/Walk.  I had a fantastic time and am so proud of how well we did!  We're still waiting on the official times, but I feel great about our time.

 Coming in to the finish line!

 Looking tired, but making a dash to the finish line!
 Crossing the finish line!  WOO!  I ran a 5K!
 Overexposed, but the kids and I after I finished:

Holy buckets!  Can you believe that it was in the mid-60's on Sunday?! 

We put the swings back on the swingset and broke them in for the warm weather season 2012!

 Nathan just kept saying "FUN! FUN!" Over and over again!
 Mads knows how to pump the swing by herself now!
 Just enjoying the nice weather!
 Our little monkey!
 Helping brother out with a big push!
 Weeeeeee!
 Monkey in the tree?
 The kids even got to drive the Mini Coop around!  Nathan had a look of terror on his face the entire time, hopefully either Mads gets better with her driving or Nathan gets used to it before she starts giving him rides to school in 12 years!   :)


 After parking the Cooper, Mads took the scooter out for a spin.  She's big enough this year to ride down to the corner and back without us.


 Nathan busted out the golf clubs to start getting some practice in!


After we were done playing outside we came in to make S'mores brownies from scratch.  The kids were helping and when I turned around I found Nathan sneaking a graham cracker!  :)

We're looking forward to the warm weather that is supposed to continue all week.  Can't wait for all the outside fun!!  :) 

No comments: