Friday, October 21, 2011

Our Little Monkey Farmers! ;)

After our super fun wedding weekend I was scheduled to have Monday off.  Andrew took the day off as well and we had a family fun day.  We went back to The Little Farmer in Fond du Lac to spend a bit more time there and get our yummy caramel apples!  It was REALLY windy, which made it a bit chilly, but the sun was shining and we made the best of the day.  There were maybe 3 or 4 school groups there, but other than those kids there really weren't that many other people around.  We actually ran into Anne and her daughter Kate, from church, who were there with Kate's school group!

Mads helps Nathan find his way:
Our first stop was the caramel apples!  YUM!
Mads had her apples covered in caramel and Oreo's!  Talk about nutrition!  :)
Nathan shared some of Maddie's apple, without the Oreo:


After the apples we headed down to the playground again.  Mads was able to get a bike this time and rode around on the little path they have for the bikes:
She found the tire hill and was Queen of the Hill!
Nathan took a ride on the tractor tire swing:
And Mads jumped on as well!

We found this giant chair in the back corner of the playground.  This is our 4th year going to Little Farmer and we never knew it was there before!
Finally!  A nice pumpkin picture!
I got some really cute pictures on this pumpkin wagon, unfortunately I have this awful sun flare in the picture right over Nathan's face.  I have to work on that!  :(
Round two of the big apple pictures!
LOVE this one!

After we got too chilly to stay at The Little Farmer any longer we got in the van and headed up the East side of Lake Winnebago.  We drove up to High Cliff State Park to take a look around.  We've heard alot about this park from friends this year and we wanted to check it out.  It's a pretty big park right on the lake that has camping and hiking.  It was a nice park from what we could tell and I bet we'll camp there sometime next summer!

Mads and Andrew went up the observation tower and took a couple pictures of the view.  (I stayed in the van with a sleeping Nathan!)


We kept going around the lake and wound up in Appleton.  We had lunch and then afterwards took the kids to Monkey Joe's to jump around a bit.






Mads was afraid to go down the really big slide, but she did go on the second biggest one. 
Climbing up:
She would only go down backwards on her belly, though:
Nathan gave it a try and giggled all the way down!  (I realize he doesn't look like he's giggling, but he was!)
He even went on his belly!  What a little dare-devil!
We took a little break from jumping and played some arcade games.  Nathan tried to give the basketball game a try.
Mads sat down on the bench and this is what I found when I turned around.  Apparently she was still pretty wiped out from the busy wedding weekend!  She slept for about 20 minutes before Nathan ended up waking her.

We jumped on one of the smaller blow-up and went down the slide a few more times before calling it a day.
Nathan was loving it!

We had a super fun family day and both Andrew and I decided that we will make The Little Farmer a Monday trip each year in the future!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: