Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Nathan's First Movie, A Ride in a Fire Truck & Other Shenanigans!

Wow, time has gotten away from me and it's been a while since my last post.  We've been busy, though, with work and fun - of course!  :)

On September 23rd we went to Nathan's first movie!  Everybody loves the Lion King and you can't really pass it up in a theater in 3D!  :)  Mads did a good job and wore her 3D glasses for about 85% of the movie and said that she liked how it "Came right to you!"  Nathan didn't wear his glasses, but he sat like a champ and did some dancing along to the songs!

I know everybody looks cranky in this picture, but the one I took right before this with everyone smiling turned out blurry!  Anyway, here's the movie crew!  :)  What a fun time!


In other Nathan firsts, Mr. Man got to turn around and face forward in his car seat!  We turned him around on the 28th, a few days after his 15 month birthday.  Look how excited he is about the leg room!


These are great pictures that I had to share.  On the 29th the kids and I were making a Halloween project that required painted feet.  They both thought it was pretty funny!


The weekend of Sept 30 - October 2nd we were in Monroe.  Sunday morning was the annual Volunteer Fire Fighters Pancake Breakfast.  After enjoying some yummy pannies we took a ride in the fire truck!! 
The kids also got a handshake from Sparky the Fire Dog!


We were able to get out and enjoy some of this Indian Summer and went to the park on October 5th.  Nathan is able to climb on most of the equipment himself.  Want he really wants to do, though, is to climb UP the slide.
Mads likes when Nathan teeter-totters with her.  She likes to get him bouncing!

And he loves it!
Of course, so does she!

 

A few random pictures!

Mr. Nathan got to enjoy a Packer sprinkled long john donut one Sunday morning before church.
He was definitely a fan!


CHEESE!

My handsome little dude brings a flower to Mommy!

Check this out!!  We planted a fruits and veggies garden this year for the first time.  We planted late and didn't really expect much.  We got a couple strawberries (seriously, I think we got two!), a whole lotta green beans, many cherry tomatoes, a few regular tomatoes (the rabbits and squirrels got quite a few!) and then we got this monster!!  This watermelon weighed in at 20 pounds!!  This wasn't the first watermelon that we got, there were two others that were about the same size, slightly smaller, but we picked them before they were ripe.  The Big One was actually pretty tasty!  Nathan and I ate most of it and I think that Nathan's #1 favorite food is watermelon!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the wiggly feet in the front facing chair! What's your painted feet project? What's the end result? Great update! Parker & Brenna say GO BEARS!