Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Our Halloween festivities started a week or so before the big "Trick or Treating" day.  I found a couple of super cute costume ideas for the kids, but they needed to be homemade.  Since I don't know how to sew I made sure the instructions were sew-free.  I went through a LOT of hot glue sticks!!  I think the costumes turned out as good as you could expect from someone that isn't very crafty!  Maybe it's because I had Nathan's help!  :)

Before it was time to wear the costumes, though, we had to carve our pumpkins!  We had our big pumpkin project on the 26th.

First we had to get the guts out.  Check out Maddie's face.  She thought the guts were pretty yucky...
and Nathan thought Maddie's reaction was hilarious.  He kept laughing at her saying "EW!"
Nathan wasn't much for scooping the guts, he simply wanted to get the pumpkin lid back on!
The finished product!  Thomas the Train and a Scary Witch!
Nathan's pumpkin:
Madeline's pumpkin:
Lookin' Good!
Happy Halloween Kids!
Maddie wanted me to take a picture of her bone jammies.  She's definitely a fan of their "glow in the dark" action!

Then the big day!  Our day started early with a box in the mail with eyeball suckers in it!  There's nothing like sugar at 9:30 in the morning!  :)

Mads had a hard time waiting to put on her costume, but after a long day we finally got to Trick or Treating time!

Madeline was a PICKLE!
She's yelling "Trick or Treat" here!

And Nathan was a TATER TOT!


Lily was a HOT DOG!

Could they possibly be a balanced meal?  :)

Trick or Treating!!
Nathan had SO much fun!!  He couldn't say "Trick or Treat," so he said "Peeeeeeeeeese!" instead!
A Pickle and a Tater Tot on the porch with all of our pumpkins (two of them we carved at church at our Fall Festival)

On Saturday, the 29th we went up to see Claire and Nick.  Here are a couple pictures from that day:
I love this picture of all the kids.  Mads is grumping about Nick's spider arms in her face.  Too funny!

Hope you had a Happy Halloween, too! 

No comments: