While we were on our way up Andrew and I were discussing where we wanted to eat. I don't know how he came up with the idea, but he mentioned the "restaurant with the goat on the roof" to me. I had never been there before and I figured the kids would dig it, so we headed up to Sister Bay to eat at Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant.
We pointed out the goat on the roof to Mads when we got to the restaurant and she thought it was pretty neat, although she didn't quite understand why he was on the roof! :)
Mads had fun coloring on her placemat. The placemat had a new joke written on it, too, so she has added it to her joke repertoire! :)
After leaving the overlook we headed south on Highway 57. We stopped in Fish Creek to make our annual stop at the Fudgery! Yum!
I stopped to take some pictures of Mads and this is what I got. Cracks me up! It looks like she's modeling her coat! :)
"Ah yes, well it's light and breezy..."
After leaving Fish Creek we went to the Frank Murphy County park to take pictures on the beach. Mads wasn't showing off her best smiles, but we were able to get a few keepers!
Nathan was pretty excited about the waves coming in:
Heading back up the little sand dune to the van!
We had so much fun. This is the fourth year we've taken a drive up Door County. Here are a few of our memories from the past years:
The pictures that started it all:
Mads in 2008:
Mads in 2009:
Mads and Nate in 2010:
What a fun tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment