It's been all about me recently! :) HA! It just so happened that my birthday and Mother's Day were two weekends in a row. Both holidays were wonderful!
First, I had to work on my birthday, which was a big bummer, but I was was done at 4:00. I'm glad our Friday hours are only until 4, as it was a GORGEOUS day outside. I got home and found that the kids and Andrew had gotten me a balloon and a calla lily plant. They also had some presents wrapped up. It was a really cute family picture frame, a frame for each family member. After I opened presents we packed up a picnic supper, hopped on our bikes and headed for Menominee Park. It was the perfect day for a bike ride. A little nippy near the lake, but we still had a great picnic.
Then on Saturday the kids and I headed down to Madison to have a birthday lunch with Gramma J, Aunt Kimmy, Honey & Aunt Dee. (Andrew had to work, which was a bummer!)
We ate at Ella's Deli and we hit up the carousel afterwards. Both kids had a blast!
The second big celebration was this Sunday, Mother's Day!! The kids and I ended up in Monroe for the weekend (again, Andrew had to work - geez!) We had Mother's Day brunch at Gramma J's house with Honey and then went over to Aunt Judy's to hang with the extended family there. It was a very nice day and the kids and I FINALLY got a nice picture taken! :)
Mads had a blast playing in the yard at Aunt Judy's with all the kids!
In other news over the past two weeks, we (obviously) have been able to get outside. Our first trip to the park for 2011 was on Monday the 25th.
Nathan had a blast in the swing. It has to be his most favorite thing in the whole world!
Mads is able to do most of the playground equipment on her own now. She likes to do lots of climbing this year.
She did need some help getting up this tower!
We also had some fun in the backyard last week. Again, Nathan loves the swing and gets pretty bummed when he has to get out!
Nathan also got some new shades in time for Spring!
In exciting house news, we had our giant pine tree taken out from the side yard. It's crazy how much the side of the house has opened up now! But, now the ugly red wall is more prominent than ever. Any ideas of what we can do with the eyesore? (I would go take a picture and post it, but it's currently raining out!)
Mads had fun watching the tree come down!
Nathan has been eating more and more finger foods recently. Here he is enjoying some ravioli!
CUTE ALERT!!!! Mads and Nathan checking out the downed tree
Lily joins in:
More finger food... Nathan's first grilled cheese today at lunch with Daddy!
That's what we've been up to! Thanks for checking in!!
No comments:
Post a Comment