Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nathan's Digger!

Our week was filled with the basics and a little bit of surprise, too.  The kids had swimming lessons on Wednesday night and they had a blast, per usual.

Nathan had some fun in the shallow water (he's squealing with delight!)
 Tried some swimming on his belly:
 Had fun with the rings:
 And flirted with his teacher!
 Mads did some more independent swimming with the teacher close by
 Get those arms way out!
 A little help from the floaty:

Thursday was a fantastic weather day.  It was sunny and 82 degrees!  Just what we needed for some fun outside.  Mads had written a letter to her friend in Minnesota that morning and I thought it would be neat for us to take a walk to the Post Office so she could mail it herself.

The kids got in the wagon and we took off!  They were happy, Mads had her shades, Nathan had his hat.  All was right with the world...


...until... 
Now, I'm not sure what happened as I was facing forward, but all of a sudden I hear "SMACK!" and Mads saying "Nathan falled out of the wagon!"  Yep, there he was, head down in the middle of the sidewalk.  I couldn't believe it!  It has always been a fear of mine that one of my kids fall out of the wagon while we're walking so I look back at them at least every 30 seconds to make sure they're sitting down.  I'm guessing that Nate leaned over to see the ground and tipped a bit too far putting him over the edge.  He needed some snuggles and kisses as he, obviously, wasn't too happy about the whole thing.

Luckily he didn't bleed much.  He got a goose-egg on his forehead and a scuffed up nose and knee.  The goose-egg looked horrible for an hour or so, until I put an ice pack on it.  His nose didn't  look so bad at first, but as it started to scab it wasn't very pretty!  He's finally starting to look better today.

Mr. Man's scuffed up face about a half hour after the incident:  :(

I gave Nathan some Tylenol for the headache I'm sure he had, then gave both kiddos some lunch and a nap.  When they woke up Nathan's mood was as good as new!  So, we headed back outside to take in some more of the weather.  We stayed low to the ground for the rest of the afternoon, though!  :)

Fun in the sandbox!
 
Nathan's first time in the sandbox!  He had a blast!
 Mads had some fun trying to build a sandcastle.  Too bad the sand wasn't wet and sticky!
 Mads also found that she can "pump" on the glider this year:
 And Nathan is a fan of swinging, too.  He must've swung for at least 30 minutes before I had to give up on pushing!

Friday night was a fun night!  We went to Madison to meet the family for a celebration dinner in honor of Aunt Kimmy's college graduation.  We had dinner at the Melting Pot.  Both kids did phenomenal, considering how late it ended up getting! 
Mads was talking the entire way to Madison about how she was going to have a chocolate marshmallow.  She finally got her wish at the end of the night!

These pictures crack me up!  :)



 Nathan had fun snacking on the pieces of food that he could eat too!  (Look at his nose!  Poor dude!)

Saturday was another fun day as we had Nick's 6th birthday party to go to!  Nick had chosen a pirate theme and all of the kids got a hat, patch and earring.  Look at my little swashbucklers!

 Argh Mateys it's me, Captain Digger-Pants!  :)
 Too cute to be pirates!  :)

On Sunday we were able to use the nice sunny weather (although, VERY windy!) to plant our garden.  Once the pine tree was taken down and the stump ground we have a prime location for a flower garden.  Grandma Mamie came down to help and I think our house is finally looking pretty darn good outside!  I have to finish edging the garden today and then I will take a picture!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: