We got to the resort on Friday afternoon. We had about an hour to unpack and then we headed into the Dells for dinner at Moose Jaw. We had a very yummy dinner and then headed downstairs into the arcade where the kidlets played some games.
Mads and Nate in their moose antlers. I've pretty much given up the hope that I will ever get a decent picture of Mads ever again. (At least until she's about 6 or so!)
Oh hey! That picture of Mads turned out pretty good! (I don't think I took it, maybe that's why!)
Racing Nascar with Grandpa against Trevor and Gavin:
Grandpa teaching Mads some skeeball maneuvers
Back home at the condo. Nathan tests out Maddie's blow up bed that we borrowed from Nick and Claire...
While Mads tests out Mom & Dad's bed! :)
Saturday morning at breakfast I was eating an orange. Nathan kept diving for it, so I let him try to suck out some juice. The boy LOVED it! He gnawed on a few more pieces that morning and again on Sunday! (Don't worry, I've now purchased one of those mesh net thingys for him to eat his oranges with so he doesn't choke on a piece!)
Story time with Grandpa Jeff. I think he must've read "I Wish I Had Duck Feet" at least 25 times!
After reading a boring paper book, Mads and Gavin watched some movies and spelled some words on Gavin's iPad.
Saturday morning after breakfast and playtime we went to the resort pool. Mads and Nathan are both little fish, so they had a blast playing in the water!
Andrew and Nathan coming down the slide:
Weeeeee!
Tater Tot doing some swimming. I hope to get him in lessons this spring!
Fun in the water swing!
Jumping in!
Remembering those swimming skills!
When we got home I helped the kids take a bath in the giant jacuzzi tub. All I did was wash Nathan with a washcloth and Johnson & Johnson's baby soap and these are the bubbles that appeared! Mads loved it!
Later Saturday afternoon, after lunch and naps, we went out to go sledding.
Bundling Up:
This was Nathan's first time sledding! He borrowed Gavin's sled and took a ride to the hill.
A view of the gang atop the hill.
Whoa! Spinning sideways!
Andrew and Nathan waiting their turns!
Grandma Marie and Mads take a ride:
Now it's Grandpa Jeff & Nathan's turn:
Here they come!
Mads rides alone!
Maddie's snow angel!
I made one too!
Me and the kiddos!
Grandpa Jeff & the kiddos:
Once we got back from sledding the kids stayed with Grandma Marie, Sarah, Trevor and Gavin while Grandpa Jeff, Andrew, and I headed to the tubing hill. I've always wanted to go tubing on a big hill and this was my chance. We took more pictures than this, but none of them turned out because of the darkness. We tubed for two hours and had a blast!
Saturday night before bed we said goodbye to Sarah, Trevor & Gavin. They had to leave early the next morning and we didn't know if we'd see them before they left. Mads had a lot of fun playing with her cousin!
Grandpa and two of his grand kids!
Sunday was check out day so we had our breakfast then packed up. Maddie and Nathan had an hour or so to play with Grandpa and Grandma before we had to leave. We left a little before 10, picked up Lily and then headed home. We had a great weekend, fun but relaxing at the same time!











No comments:
Post a Comment