Mads had her first "Away" swim meet at the Middleton-Cross Plains pool on Sunday, January 17th.
I was so relieved that she woke up feeling positive and excited about the meet. Maybe it was this cool Yoda shirt she got the day before!
"Fast I am, Slow you are!"
Mads swam 5 events - 25 Free, 25 Back, 50 Free, 25 Fly & 100 Free Relay.
Mads and her bud - Amelia. I don't think we could find two cuter swimmers!
Andrew and I had our "Swimming socks" on - Narwhals for me and Penguins for him! (In the off season I'll have to see if I can find Gator socks!)
A few pictures from the meet:
Backstroke-
25 Back Heat Winner!
Preparing to dive:
FLIP TURN!
Mads relay team was a heat winner as well!
Final times - This was a 25 YARD pool so times are faster than her times in Monroe (which is a 25 METER pool)
25 Yard Freestyle: 21.91 seconds
25 Yard Backstroke: 26.35 seconds
50 Yard Freestyle - 50.44 seconds
25 Yard Butterfly - 29.95 seconds
After the meet we headed to the Hubbard Avenue Diner for lunch and PIE! This might become one of our favorite restaurants. :) After our main meals, Mads ordered a Lemon and White Chocolate pie, Amelia had a classic Cherry pie and Nate had some of the guts from Andrew's Apple-Cherry Double Crust. We all declared that Mads and Amelia had chosen the best pies of the bunch! :)
We are super proud of Mads and how she's progressing with her swimming. I am so proud of her for waking up with a positive attitude and choosing to have fun rather than let her anxiety get the best of her! A big Congratulations to Amelia who placed 4th in 25 Backstroke! :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment