Saturday, March 1, 2014

Eight Months

Wednesday, February 19th was Miss Amelia's Eight Month Birthday.  I was super stressed the day before worrying about how I was going to get to the cemetery to see her for her birthday.  That Wednesday was my third day of work at my new position in Freeport, and my first day in the department.  I work twelve hour shifts, 7AM - 7PM, so I knew it would be dark by the time I got home to Monroe.

It turns out that I didn't have a thing to worry about!  On my drive to work that morning Amelia's star was shining brightly in the early morning sky.  The sunrise was a gorgeous pink color and my favorite song was playing on the radio.  What a great birthday present to me from the birthday girl.

When I got to the cemetery it was completely dark, but it was so peaceful there - as it always is.

I don't even know how many inches of snow we've gotten this winter, but its so much that we can't even dig down to find her marker.  A HUGE downfall in a flat marker.  We need to invent one that's heated!

Eight pink roses for our beautiful girl:

Since I was there in the dark I was able to see Amelia's angels lit up and glowing their beautiful colors.
How pretty!
Mia had some visitors earlier in the day that had left flowers and a heart with angel wings.
While I was worried about visiting Amelia so late in the day, it was a nice change of perspective to be able to see her with her angels glowing, and to see that she's safe - even in the darkness.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

No comments: