The weekend of November 12-14 was Andrew's annual Wisconsin Optometric Association continuing education weekend in the Dells. It was held at the Kalahari again and we had a SWEET room this year. We walked in and were blown away. The room had a kitchen complete with stove, refrigerator and dishwasher! If I would have known in advance I would've packed food to make yummy meals instead of eating at the hotel restaurants. Check this out!
Mads enjoying some mac & cheese on our first night while Daddy was in class:
Andrew had class on Saturday from 8-3:30. While he was gone the kids and I strolled around the hotel to take a look around.
Nathan got to sit up big-boy style in the stroller so that he could keep an eye on things too:
Mads wanted to hold Nathan's hand while we were walking:
We spent some time in the amusement park pretending to play the games.
Then we found the climbing gym! Mads had fun climbing up into the treehouse and then coming down the slides.
As we left the climbing gym Mads saw the kiddie swings. We stopped to check to see if she would be tall enough to ride and the ride worker asked if Mads wanted to take a ride since she was tall enough. I said that I didn't have the swipe card yet, but the worker told us she could get on and take a ride anyway. How nice! Mads had a blast!!
After the swings Mads pretended to drive the dump truck. She got to drive it for real later in the day and it turned out to have a British accent! Who knew!
We went back to the hotel and took naps, well... Mads did. Nathan didn't want anything to do with that so he and I played on the bed.
After Mads woke up from her nap we took our traditional "room service" pictures:
I love this one. "Hey sister, I want this one... you call and get that for me, please?"
After Andrew was done with class we went and did all the fun things to do at the Kalahari. First up was the Ferris Wheel in the amusement park.
Then Mads and Dad rode the go-karts!!
Zooming by!
The we walked back down to the kiddie area. I was so excited to take Nathan on the carousel for the first time, but by the time we got there he was konked out. Mads and Dad got to take a ride on the zebra, though.
Then we headed to the arcade and Mads and Dad did some car racing:
Mads was a motorcycle mama!
Then it was finally time for the Water Park!! Mads started out timid at first and needed some help with the slides, but she was quickly doing it on her own.
In the coconut swing:
Nathan got in to play too!
Mads saw one of the slides and wanted to take a ride. She and Dad went down twice. Unfortunately this is the only shot I got and I took it too early. Mads was waving and smiling on her way down!
We also rode the lazy river with both kids. Nathan LOVED it! He was a happy, relaxed little dude!
Then he crashed! Way too much fun for such a little guy!
We ended the night with the traditional ice cream sundae. You always get ice cream on night when you're in a hotel!
We always enjoy our little family vacation to the Dells each fall!!
No comments:
Post a Comment