Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Post!

Wow! Look at me posting on a Sunday! I'm really liking these weekends off of work! It's been nice to have time with Andrew and Mads that isn't rushed and squeezed in between 5,000 different things!

Other than working, last week was pretty basic and laid back. One thing new is that Caden started coming over a couple days a week. Caden is the four month old son of our good friends, Barby and Ryan. When he was born I offered to watch Caden on the days that I'm not working. Now it's finally my turn to spend some time with the little guy!! Caden came over on Tuesday and Wednesday. Mads and I played with him on Tuesday and Mads and Andrew played with him on Wednesday. It's fun to have Caden over, but it's definitely different to take care of Mads AND another peanut! Everything went pretty well when I had Caden, except for lunch time, which will have to be reconfigured next week! Mads ended up coming out of lunchtime with ravioli all over in her hair! I think it will be better if I'm not trying to feed both kiddos at the same time. :) Here's a picture of Mr. Caden when he was bouncing on my knee:


Wednesday Andrew watched Mads and Caden since I was at work and he had the day off. It sounded like everything went well that day, except that day was the day Mads had come down with a cold. After I was done with work Andrew and I met with the bank again to lock in our financing rate for the house. It was a pretty short visit, we were done within an hour.

When we were done at the bank we headed over to Barby and Ryan's for dinner to celebrate our new house. We got some super sweet coupons to be redeemed when fixing up our new place. The one I'm most excited about is the coupon for the Ames' to help put up a fence. They weren't very excited when we suggested them helping build our fence... but it's only fair since we helped them put up a fence when they bought their duplex back in 2006! (YEP! Pictures from fencing and trench digging, April 2006)
Digging a trench for the electric wires for the lamppost:

Sweet trench!!

Digging holes for the fencing:

Hammering:

Sweet fence!!


We had a very nice dinner followed by the weekly episode of Lost. Such a good show! Are you watching? :)
Ryan playing with Mads and Caden:



Saturday we went up to have lunch with Grandma Mary, Aunt Jill, Claire and Nick. Grandma Mary was watching the kids while Jill was at work and once she was home we all had some burgers on the grill with red velvet cupcakes that Claire and Nick made for dessert.
Fun with the cousins!

Mads and Clarie stirring the pistachio salad for lunch:

Red Velvet mess!!


We had to leave pretty early in the afternoon because we had to be back in Oshkosh by 5 for Clue rehearsal night. I'm on the Fellowship committee at church and we're putting on a life-size game of Clue as one of our activities. The members of the committee and their spouses (and Mads) met up to eat pizza and practice the game. Mads had a lot of fun running around on the board:



Well, that's about it for our week! Today we've just been doing laundry and running errands. It's out to the grocery store when Mads wakes up from her nap!
I'm going to leave you with a couple more pictures of our new house. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!!

The Kitchen:

Living Room:

Dining Room:

No comments: