Sunday, March 22, 2009

The daunting task...

As I sat down to start my post for the week I realized, I don't have many pictures from this week. That's always a bummer. I like when I've documented the week well with photos! :)

Monday and Tuesday were both work days. Tuesday was a long day for me as well. When I'm normally done at 5-5:30 I left on Tuesday at 6:30. Andrew actually beat me home!!

Wednesday and Thursday were days that Caden came over to play. I did get a couple cute pictures on Thursday. Mads is always so excited when Caden comes over. She rushes right over to peek at him and say hi when he gets here!




I also realize that her hair looks ridiculous in these pictures. Her bangs are finally almost to the length where we can tuck them behind her ear. But, they're only ALMOST there... :)


Wednesday night I went out to St. James with my friend, Erin. Her husband was on furlough from work and he and their daughter had gone to visit family for the week while he was off. Erin, however, was at home without her husband or babe for the whole week. :( After St. James we came back to our house and Andrew made burgers and brats. We also had strawberry shortcake and cool whip. Mads had a BLAST with the cool whip! But really, who doesn't love cool whip?




Friday was another long day at work. The office is normally only open until noon on Fridays, but when the Ophthalmologists are on call we're open until 5 those days.

Saturday was a nice day. Andrew, Mads and I were able to run some errands for house stuff. We looked at lawn mowers and think we've found the winner! On Saturday night Morgan came over to watch Mads while Andrew and I went to Casino Night at church. It was a fun night, not too crazy though, since we were home by 10:30!

Today we went to church and then ran more new-house errands. We went to Lowe's to look at closet supplies. None of the closets in the new house have bars or shelves, so we'll have to "dress" them when we move in. We also went to the Sears Store Closing sale and got a weed whacker that was 20% off. Andrew says that we have weeds that will need a good whacking when we move in. :)

Today we also started on the horrible task that is packing. We were able to get most of the office boxed up and ready to go. We also pulled all the pictures off the walls, so it looks a bit bare. I hope that we can spend an hour or so each day tackling some sort of packing so that we're not scrambling at the end!

That's about all for this week. I have a couple pictures of Mads playing with an old cell phone. She absolutely LOVES the phone, when she was talking to Grandma Jackie on the phone yesterday (the real phone) she hugged it. So adorable!



Also, here's our picture of Mads from this week last year. (Apparently Easter was this week, last year)


Have a great week everyone!! I'd also like to say a quick congratulations to Kelli and Chad... they're expecting their first little one in September!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck packing! Hopefully it will be a little easier since you don't have to do it all at once.

Erin said...

That strawberry shortcake was dang delicious. Thanks again for going out with this lonely mama and for dinner!