Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Christmas tree already!

Well, I can't really top the news of last post, but I will give you a recap of what we did over the last week.

Monday was the day we could start to classify Maddie as a walker. A friend of ours asked how long she crawled for and when I counted I found that it was a short eleven weeks. Apparently Maddie can't be bothered with anymore of that "baby" stuff! :) She's been working hard on perfecting her skills. Each day has brought more steps and more often. On Sunday she was walking the width of Grandma Mary's living room over and over. I even caught her standing up on her own, with no help. Just right there in the middle of the floor she stood up. She hasn't repeated this trick yet, but I'm sure it will happen soon!

Wednesday we went to have family pictures taken for our Christmas cards. Since Lily couldn't go with us we took a few pictures of her with Mads when we got home. Maddie was pretty smiled out and tired, so here are the best ones (including one with Maddie's supermodel pose!)




Thursday and Friday I had to work, so that was a bummer. Friday I was done at 2:30 so we went to the Christmas shop in Fond Du Lac and got a couple ornaments. Maddie chose one all by herself for Grandma Mary, as it is a tradition each year for the grandkids to choose their own ornament to give to Grandma.

Saturday Grandma Jackie, Grandpa Thom and Grandma Honey came up to visit. I wasn't able to go to lunch or shopping with everyone since I was stuck in bed with what I think was the flu, but Andrew and Mads had a good time with them. They all went shopping at Carters and found Maddie's Christmas dress, then went to lunch at Cinder's. Afterwards Andrew gave them all some fabulous eye exams! Also on Saturday Mads started saying "Uh-Oh!" She was able to say it all day, but seems to have forgotten it since she went to bed on Saturday night. I did hear her in her crib this morning saying "uh-uh-uh-uh-oooooooh" which sounds like she's working on remembering what she learned!

Sunday was Thanksgiving lunch in Green Bay with Grandma Mary, Aunt Jill, Claire and Nick. Uncle Eric was out deer hunting. Maddie had a good time playing with her cousins. She loves seeing them! Here's the tiny tot Thanksgiving table! :)


When we got home on Sunday we put up our Christmas tree. I don't normally put up the tree until after Thanksgiving, but we had to this year. All of our weekends are booked up from now until the middle of January and this weekend was the only time we had as a family to put it up together. Madddie helped with the lights:




and put the first ornament on the tree!




Maddie also got her stocking, made lovingly by Grandma Mary and Aunt Jeanne.



Yesterday we headed up to Sears in Appleton for Christmas pictures with Claire and Nick. Afterwards we went to go see Santa. Maddie did pretty well. She smiled at him and went willingly onto his lap. She inspected his beard for awhile and I thought we were going to make it through the whole visit without tears, but then she began to cry. Once I took her off his lap she went back to smiling and waving at him. She got a pair of deer antlers with her visit, here she is showing them off with her cousins!


So that's our wrap-up for the week! I have a couple extra pictures for you to enjoy.
Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!

Playing peek with Lily under the bed:





Zonked out in Mom's arms after a busy day:


She loves these Jingle Guys. Especially when they shake and their bells ring:


Crazy bed-head. This picture doesn't do it justice, it was a Flock of Seagulls 'do! :)


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the stockings. I would LOVE to put our tree up, but I am not sure what box it is in...lol.