So, where did we leave off? On Monday, March 31st we retired all of Maddie's newborn sleepers and she has continued to grow since! She hasn't gotten any chunkier, only longer. I had to retire all of the newborn onesies as well, the 0-3 month onesies are on their way out the door pretty soon too!
Wednesday the 2nd was a bit of a rough day. Maddie was just a bit "off" and fussy all day long. I think her belly was hurting her. That afternoon we had to make a trip to Lowe's to pick up some sump pump tubing. All was okay with Maddie when we got to Lowe's! I can't begin to understand what the appeal of Lowe's is, but she just loves it! She was completely asleep in her seat when we walked in the door, but halfway down the first aisle she was awake and smiling. She continued to smile the whole time we were there and then immediately fell back to sleep when we left. Look at this ham bone, loving Lowe's!
I LOVE LOWE'S!
Sale on Shop Vacs? NO WAY!
Friday the 4th we did some sprucing up around the house. I had been working on the inside of the house all week cleaning out closets, cupboards and drawers as well as putting things away and getting rid of all the clutter we had accumulated. So, Friday when Andrew got home from work we did some spring cleaning outside. We put the patio chairs and grill back out on the patio, which opened up so much room in the garage. Andrew swept all of the sand out of the garage and hung the bikes up on hooks. It's amazing how much easier it is to get Maddie and her seat in and out of the car now! Maddie and I weren't much help, but Maddie went in her Moby and we went outside to chat with dad.
Saturday was a nice day. Andrew started his "Single Dad" training by taking care of Maddie for the majority of the time. He was practicing for when I go back to work this weekend. I went to Appleton with Barby for a girl's day and was gone for five hours! Saturday night Barby and Ryan came over for a cookout and some Wii. Ryan even jumped in and helped Andrew with his Single Dad mission!
Sunday we all went to Madison to meet Gramma Jackie, Grampa Thom, Aunt Kimmy and Grandma Honey for lunch. We ate at the Red Robin and Maddie thinks that their ceiling fans there are wonderful! Here's a picture of Mads with Aunt Kimmy during lunch:
While we were out and about we decided to stop at the mall to make a Build A Bear for Maddie. We know that she's too little to remember the experience, but as she gets bigger she'll be able to pick out outfits for her new friend. We chose the Turtle because "Turtle" is one of Andrew's nicknames for her. Also, notice that the turtle has glasses.... wonder why!
That's all the update that I have time for now. I will post again next week with a recap of this week and how we all make it through my first weekend back at work! Thanks for swinging by!
1 comment:
OH my, she is more and more adorable everytime I see her! Love the Lowe's trip, and the turtle is to die for!!! -Kristi
Post a Comment