Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Catching Up, Part Two!

Last week was a busy one! It mostly consisted of me returning to work, but we also had some fun times! Wednesday was lunch with Daddy day and Thursday was our big shopping outing. Carter's was having a warehouse sale on Thursday where everything in the store was $3.99. Maddie and I met our friend Cassandra and her 9 month old daughter Natalie and did some serious shopping. How could you not with those prices?! We were there right at 10AM, which is unusual for me since I don't like large crowds! Mads and I navigated through all the chaos and came out with outfits for Maddie, outfits for her cousins Claire and Nick, and some gifts for our friends that are expecting (can I name you guys yet?!) I thought we did a pretty excellent job. After Carter's we walked over to the Children's Place Outlet and did some more damage there. Everything I bought at Carter's and Children's Place I up-sized so that Maddie can grow into her new outfits.
Because we we met our friends we had to be beautiful, and we accomplished that by wearing our first set of Piggies! Daddy actually calls them Piglets because they're pretty small:


Then later that night when we took the Piggies out we had the aftermath:


Saturday was Maddie's THREE MONTH birthday. Can you believe that? The time has just flown by and Maddie is growing and changing so much. She loves to smile and chat. Her favorite thing to say is "OY! OY! OY!" Andrew is unsure of when she became Jewish! :) She even rolled from her belly to her back on Wednesday night! We've made a deal that she is only to sleep at the baby sitter's and can't do anything fun until she's home with Mom and Dad.

Here are her three month pictures. I hope to be able to make a comparison picture again like I did last month, so keep an eye out for that!
Newborn Outfit (not so sure if we'll fit in it next month!)


12 Month Outfit:



And our weekend consisted of Daddy and Maddie together all weekend and me at work at night. Andrew worked on Friday and got home around 1PM. I was able to go lay down and get a nap in before I started work at 6:30 PM. I work 12 hour shifts, so I'm there until 7AM and I get home around 7:30. I worked Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights. Andrew did a wonderful job with Maddie all weekend. He was in charge of everything with her, all night while I was gone and all day while I was asleep. He even got her ready on Monday morning to go to the babysitter and was out the door on time! I knew he would do a good job, I just didn't know he would do SUCH A GREAT JOB! So, since we all survived this weekend I guess I still have to continue to work... ;)

Here are a few more pictures from our week. Hope you enjoy them and thanks for stopping by!

Off to the baby sitter's for the first time:


Tummy time, working on doing the flip again!


Starting to understand how the play gym works:


Tired in the morning:


And these two pictures I took today. Maddie has figured out how to lift the rings on the giraffe that is attached to her bouncer chair. It may not seem very exciting, but I'm proud of her for figuring it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the aftermath photo...so cute.