
And just to prove it wasn't a fluke, I got another smile out of her about 45 minutes later! :)

She's definitely been getting the hang of smiling as she was a maniac for smiles when we were at Lowes on Saturday and yesterday afternoon at home. She was so excited and smiley when we were at Lowes that I think she might have a future in Home Improvement. (What about that Cousin Stu? Need a partner?)
The rest of our week was pretty normal. On Tuesday our crib and rocker were finally delivered. I'm so excited to have somewhat of a nursery for Maddie! We're still waiting for her dresser, though. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for that. Here's a picture of Maddie's room:

Maddie is still sleeping in her bassinet in our room, though. It's more practical for nighttime feedings. Plus, look how tiny she looks in her crib!

On Friday we decided to give Maddie her first bottle. We wanted to be able to slowly work the bottle in before I have to go back to work. I don't go back until the first week in April, but that will be here before we know it and we want to make sure that Maddie is comfortable with the bottle. Poor Peanut had such a gassy belly after her first bottle that I was concerned that we would have problems. I wasn't quite sure it was the bottle though, as I had pizza for lunch and Maddie has had problems with tomatoes in the past. She was uncomfortable for about an hour with irritability and burps, but then seemed to calm down. When we tried a bottle again on Saturday and Sunday she didn't have the same problems, so I guess I still need to stay away from anything tomato-based!

On Saturday we went to Chuck E. Cheese in Appleton to meet up with Maddie's cousins. Maddie did very well with all the noise and took a bottle while we were there. Maddie had a fun time and was very excited when her cousin Claire used some of her tickets to buy Maddie a new hair clip. It's too big right now, but I'm sure we'll be able to wear it soon!

Well, this post has gotten to be quite long. I will finish off with a few more pictures from our week! Thanks for swinging by!

I did not set this picture up at all! I walked into the bedroom from brushing my teeth and found Lily snuggled up by her sister. How adorable are they? Lily was a very big helper this week, even giving Maddie kisses a few times when she was crying.

Getting ready to go shopping. Have to protect my eyes, Daddy says!

Lily trying on the shades too... Not a fan, they came off immediately after this picture was taken!

I saw this onesie and I just had to get it. Pretty funny, huh?
3 comments:
That is definately a big smile! What a complete cutie Maddie is Nicole! And that picture of Lilly snuggled up is just adorable! Good work on teh photo taking!
The pictures are all cute. She is getting big. I love the smile pics.
Love the onesie!!!!!
Post a Comment