On Friday, October 2nd I was got to spend the day with a super fun group of Kindergarteners! We took a trip to the Oregon/Stoughton area for some fun in the crisp fall weather.
We left school around 9:00 and headed to Oregon. Nate was my seat buddy, so naturally we had to take a Field Trip Selfie! :)
We started out with a stop at a park in Oregon. The kiddos were able to run around and have lots of fun at a new playground. There was a stretch of monkey bars and Nate was so excited to show me that he could go the whole way!
He's been working out... :)
After about an hour at the park we headed to Eugster's Farm! As soon as we got to the farm it was time for picnic lunches. Those kindergarterners were hungry after all the playground fun! Once bellies were back to full we hopped on the wagon for our ride out to the pumpkin patch.
Look at the cuties in my group! :)
Nate and I were Pumpkin Picking Pals! :)
Nate was searching for the best pumpkin:
and he found a winner!
After we were done picking the best pumpkins it was off to explore. My group of kidlets were super excited about the Scary Silo and the Haunted House... We made two trips through them! :)
We wandered through the petting zoo and over to the Kitten Palace. I didn't get any pictures since I was holding the kitty for the kiddos to pet, but let me tell you that the kid's faces were just lit up in big smiles while petting the kitties! Nate was enthralled with the little paws! ;)
Kiddos out on the farm! :)
We found a few old tractors to play on:
and an area to ride trikes!
Then we went over to the baby goats! Super cute! My kid with the other KID! :)
It was time to round up the troops and head back to Monroe. But first, class picture time! I think this one turned out pretty well! :)
On the ride back to school my little Pumpkin Pal fell asleep. That's what I would call a successful field trip! :)
We had a fantastic day at Eugster's! I'm glad I was able to join the class as we haven't been able to find a Monroe-area version of The Little Farmer that we would go to every fall. Eugster's was super fun - I think the Josephs family will give it our own try this year!


No comments:
Post a Comment