Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Off to School!!

Tuesday, September 2nd was a very big day in the Josephs household.  It was the start of some VERY quiet mornings as both Mads AND Nate headed off to school!!  Mads was heading back to Northside to start FIRST Grade!  Nathan was off to Abraham Lincoln to start his school career with 4K!

Our morning was a bit of a flurry since we are rusty at our school routine.  We also had to add in new steps since Nathan has to be ready to rock and roll too!  We were able to get all of our Back to School traditions taken care of!

First up, filling out the Back to School Interview questionnaire.  Mads was able to write her answers out this year.
 We also have our official video as well!

Madeline's Back to School Interview:

Nathan's First Day of School Interview:


Once we got those interviews out of the way it was on to pancakes.  An occasion such as this definitely calls for fancy pancakes!

4K!!
 and a 1!!
 School buddies!
 Once breakfast was over the kids signed their autographs on the pages of their baby books.


 Not to shabby!
 Mads made hers fancy with the curls!  ;)


Then it was the roughest part of the whole morning... pictures outside!  Even though Nate has a nice grin on his face he was very grumpy about posing for pics!

TWO kidlets in school!  (Nate's sign says Preschool, it's the best I could find.  No 4K around!)
 Mads is a FIRST GRADER!


 Nathan FINALLY gets to go to school!  He's been waiting for this for two years!


 Me and the big kiddos!
 Dad gets some big squeezes before they head off to school!
 Aw!
 I was able to snag a quick shot of Mads in front of the door to the first grade area.  Unfortunately we had to bust a move and couldn't stay with Mads until the bell rang.  Nathan's 4K is across town at a different school.  Two of Mads' best friends from last year ran by just as I was done taking this picture.  So the fact that I wasn't able to stay probably bothered me way more that it did her!
 We quickly made it across town and Nate was only five minutes late for his first day of 4K.  We also weren't able to find his nametag!  Needless to say, I felt like we've already failed 4K!

I wasn't able to get shots of Nate at school before class started, but he was a trooper and let me take a few once I picked him back up.

Little guy by a BIG school!
 Our big school boy!

Nate was happy that he had his friend Avery to play with on the playground.  (She's in the other 4K class, but they share the playground at recess!) 

 I had to make a quick run to Freeport for a doctor's appointment this afternoon in between picking Nate and Mads up.  This is how I found Nate when we made it to the doctor's office.  Apparently his morning of 4K wiped him out!
 We picked Mads up and made a stop by the front entrance for a picture.  It's overexposed, but she's there under the tree!  :)
 I treated the kids to a yummy ice cream treat to celebrate their first day of school!
 Nathan was super excited to show us that he got on purple, which shows that his behavior was reaching for the stars!  His teacher noted that he had a great first day!

Time for a recap - How was your first day of school, guys?

Mads:
Nate:

So now to figure out what I'll do with three hours of absolute quiet every morning!!  :)

No comments: