Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sisters in Mexico, AKA Self Timers are Tricky! :)

While Andrew and I were in Mexico in April we were given the chance to upgrade to a sister hotel for the remainder of our stay.  When we decided to do the upgrade we were also given a FREE 5 day-4 night stay at the current hotel, the Dreams Puerto Aventuras.  The voucher was for two adults to be used in the next 12 months.  Andrew was so awesome and suggested that I go down again and take my sister while he stayed home with the kids.  I have a fabulous husband, don't I?!  :)

So, on September 28th Kim and I were on our way to Cancun!  We left early on Friday morning and were into Cancun before noon.  We even had a shuttle waiting for us with a name card!!!
Cancun!  We made it!
After our shuttle ride we checked into our resort.  We were welcomed with some champagne!  Now this is the life!

Cheers to a fun Sister's Weekend!
We checked in early, so our room wasn't quite ready.  We went and ate lunch and then I showed Kim around the resort.  Our first stop was my ultimate favorite spot, the swings!

After we were able to get into our room we got settled, did a little bit more exploring and then got ready for dinner.
Dinner that night was at Portofino, the Italian restaurant.  We had a fabulous spot on the deck overlooking the ocean.

The moon was so gorgeous that night, it was actually very beautiful the entire time we were there.
Saturday was a day of lounging.  We started out by the Natural Pool, which is where we found this guy!

There were tons of these zebra fish swimming in the natural pool.
After befriending the zebra fish, we headed over to the pool area.  Kim was up to the bar 2 minutes after it opened!  :)
But hey, I was there too!
Drinks in the shallow end of the pool:

Jake told Kim that all we would be doing was "Be sipping Mai Tai's on the beach."  So here we are with Mai Tai's on the beach.  They were gross.  We didn't drink them!  
Time to swim in the ocean!





On Saturday night we had dinner at El Patio, the Mexican restaurant.  It was very yummy!


We did some wandering around the resort after dinner.  Photo op by the pool:
Then we started using the self-timer....
Oh Geez!  Kim set the timer to take two pictures and didn't tell me.  Apparently I was scared!  :)
Such a gorgeous view!
Sunday was another fabulous relaxation day.  We spent a good portion of the morning in the Adult-Only pool.
Lounge chairs built into the pool.  YES!
We then headed over to the ocean side of the resort.  We stopped for a picture in the pavilion:
Then we headed to the BARacuda.  My favorite place, I could swing here forever!


At 2:00 we had a spa appointment.  Kim and I both had Aromatherapy massages and a mini-facial.  Heavenly!

Random picture - Peacock Kim!
After the spa we Skype'd with the family and then got ready for dinner.  Now it was my turn to use the self timer on my camera.  I thought I was setting it for 6 seconds, but we got 6 pictures!  These are the best.
LOVE this one!

On our way down to dinner I decided to take a picture of our room.  I still had the self-timer set, so I got 6 pictures of our door.  I will spare you the extras and only show you one!  :)
Dinner on Sunday night was at the Seaside Grill.  I had lamb and Kim had ribs.  Yummy!
Another gorgeous moon shot:
Monday was our last full day.  We started out at the natural pool, moved over to the main pool, then to the adult pool, and back to the beach.  We took a sailboat ride that afternoon.

After the sailboat ride we headed back to the room and relaxed there.
We enjoyed an order of chips, salsa, and guacamole.  We actually enjoyed this snack every day!  :)
After snacking we went around the resort and took some nice pictures before we were going to Skype everyone.  


Ahhhhhh!



My buddy, Ervin.  He checked Kim and I into the hotel, which I thought was wonderful because he was the same person who checked Andrew and I in back in April.  He is such a helpful guy!
Ready for dinner on Monday night!
We ate at Portofino again on Monday.  Unfortunately not all of the restaurants were open while we were there since it was the rainy season and they weren't as busy as usual.
Tuesday morning we ate breakfast and took one final walk on the beach.  I made Kim take the usual "write in the sand" picture.


Such a wonderful view from a fantastic beach!
Goodbye ocean!
One final parting shot:

Kim and I had a blast.  5 days was perfect to just have a nice and relaxing vacation.  We didn't do any day trips, but we didn't want to.  We just wanted to have a quiet vacation.  I think we have some fabulous memories and I don't think that I'm going to stop laughing at our self-timer mishaps for years to come, if ever!!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun, Nicole! Now only am I jealous that you got to take such a fun girls trip but also that you look so fantastic after those 2 beautiful kids of yours!