Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tater's 9 Month Appointment & PICTURES!

Last week was pretty low key.  I had Monday and Wednesday off, so those days flew by.  The other days I worked and Andrew worked on Saturday as well. 

On Monday Nathan started seeing a chiropractor.  He's been having some constipation issues for at least 5 weeks or so and he didn't seem to be getting any relief.  We tried a treatment on Monday and Wednesday and he did have some relief after the treatments but he's still having issues.  This poor little guy, we've tried switching formulas, Karo syrup in his bottle, prunes, juice and suppositories, nothing seems to help.  After talking to Nathan's doctor & nurse a couple times they decided to send Nathan to the Pediatric GI specialist in Madison on the 14th.  Until then we're just kind of stuck.  It all came to a point yesterday when Jeanette called saying that Nathan was screaming while trying to poop.  Andrew went to pick the kids up and went home with them for the afternoon.  When I got home Nathan was just a quiet little cuddle bug with occasional whimpers.  You could immediately tell that he didn't feel good, because he's not one to sit still and cuddle.

 Mads shared her "Karoo" with Nathan because she wanted him to feel better.  She's such a generous and concerned little girl.

Nathan is feeling better today and the doctor finally wrote a prescription for a liquid to go in Nathan's bottle.  Hopefully we'll have more success and Nathan will have a squishy belly once again!

On Monday Nathan did go to the doctor for his regularly scheduled 9 Month Check Up. 
Here are his stats:

23.9 lbs - 75th Percentile
28.5 inches - 75th Percentile
Head 47.5 cm - 100th Percentile  (All those brains!)

On Monday the doctor wasn't too concerned with Nathan's constipation, but we were able to talk him into taking an X-Ray.  They called that afternoon with the report that "He is definitely constipated, his X-Ray is positive for lots of stool, but otherwise everything looks good."  I'm looking forward to our GI appointment to see if Nathan is going to need any long term intervention or treatments to keep this from happening.

Nathan was as happy as a clam while getting his X-Ray taken.  (That's Andrew behind the table)



In other, happier news:  Nathan got his 9 Month pictures taken on Sunday and they turned out PHENOMENAL!  Look how adorable this little man is!








Sister too!  Man, I have cute kids!  :)


Then we have some random pictures from the week:

Nathan tried some small bites of real fruit on Sunday.  He handled them very well! 



Is this the early workings of a "Sniffy Face?!?!"

It was rainy on Sunday, so what do you do?  Break out your new raincoats!!  :)

I came into the living room one morning and I found Mads laying in Nathan's lap.  Not really a big deal to you, perhaps, but it reminded me of when I was younger and my sister, Kim, and I would take turns laying in each other's laps.  Kim couldn't have been older than two when we did this, but I think we did it every night.  The cycle continues! 

That's all for now!  Nathan's GI appointment is on the 14th, so I will make sure to update after we find out what they think!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

The Ames Family said...

OMG! I misread part of your post and I thought you were saying Andrew was going to the chiropractor. Then you said he was having constipation issues and I thought, "Wow! He isn't going to like her sharing that!" I guess I need to get my eyes checked. Good thing I know a few great eye doctors!