Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Week!

Another week has come and gone.  It was a busy week, with church council on Wednesday night for Andrew, MOPS for me on Thursday night, the Ripon Musical on Friday night, and Melting Pot for our anniversary dinner on Saturday night!

On Saturday morning we made a run to Lowe's to pick up a couple hooks that Andrew needed to complete Madeline's dress-up clothes wardrobe.  While we were there a cashier told us that "Build and Grow" was in the far corner of the store.  Um, OK, whatever that is...  As we were wandering the store since it was only 9:45ish we came upon the Build and Grow station.  It was so cool!  It's a free building clinic where they provide the kits and tools for the kidlets to build that day's project!  Since we hadn't pre-registered they were out of the heart-shaped music boxes that were Saturday's project, but they had extra kits on hand.  Mads chose the ball toss game.  She had a blast putting it together with Andrew.  These workshops are held every other Saturday and they're FREE!  I'm pretty sure we'll be hitting up another one soon!


 How cute is Mads in her safety goggles?  :)

On Saturday afternoon my mom came up to stay with the kiddos while we went out to dinner.  We had a fantastic meal at The Melting Pot.  We even saw the guy at the table next to us propose to his girlfriend.  Mom and the kids had a great time hanging out.  They even ventured out to McDonalds for a special Gramma J is visiting supper!  :)

On Sunday night Nathan tried out some more finger food.  He gave his banana puffs a try.  He had a little difficulty getting them into his mouth at first, but by Tuesday night he was a pro at getting them in!!


 Whoa!  What is this in my mouth?
 I like it!
 I can get these in there.....


I had Monday off and was able to spend the day with my two little Valentines.  We still had to write out the Valentines to take to Miss Jeanette's so we worked on that.  Mads wrote her name on all of them by herself so I thought it would be nice if Nathan could "write" his name, too.  I gave him the valentines and some finger paint and he was NOT A FAN!  I'm such an evil mother to stick his fingers in something so gooey!
 I don't want to do this, Mom!
I ended up helping him out by writing his name on for him.  Maybe next time we can use the paint.

Last night, Nathan gave his apples a try.  They are definitely a hit!

 I see that spoon over there... give me more!
 Mmmmmm!

This morning Nathan needed some pear juice in his system so instead of a bottle we tried to give it to him in a sippy.  He gave the sippy a good shot, but the valve is still too hard for him to work.  He did have a lot of fun chewing on the spout, though!



Before we left to go to the library today the kids had some fun playing.  Nathan rolled himself under the chair, but was having a good time anyway!
 Here I am!
 Mads was playing dress up in her flapper outfit:


Before going to the library today we stopped by the car wash.  We normally go to the wash where we get out of the car so they can vacuum, today we went to the drive thru wash where you stay in the car.  Both kiddos were quite intrigued by the sights and sounds of the brushes!
 Mads even got a free sucker when we drove up!


That's all from this week!  Here's one more picture.  This was on Thursday.  Nathan was playing in his crib while I was folding clothes on the floor.  He found that he could pull down the bumper and peek over at me.  He was giggling like a madman!  :)


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh how big they are getting! Sooooooo cute!....Vickie