Look at all the fun we had decorating!
Nathan introduces himself to the Jingle Pals. (Sidenote, the Jingle Pals taught Mads how to sing "Jingle Bells" very quickly... I don't know if the "arf, arf, arf" version is acceptable, though!)
Mads helps Daddy put the star atop the tree:
Rrrrrrreach!!
She put all of the ornaments on without any help (until she went to bed and I redistributed!)
Nathan learned how to decorate, too:
Cuties!
Oooh! Lights!
Maddie's finished tree. The 1 and 2 ornaments are hers, she wanted to put them up a bit higher so we lifted her up to reach.
Not really a holiday tradition, but fun anyway, we decided to surprise Mads with a trip to the movies. Tangled was playing in Fond du Lac on Saturday afternoon so we drove down for a matinee. We didn't realize the movie was in 3D until we got there. Mads thought the glasses were pretty cool at first, but then she didn't want to wear them once the movie started. Luckily 3D technology has improved since the last time I watched a 3D movie and the pictures weren't too blurry without the glasses. While Andrew and I watched with the glasses on Mads watched without and enjoyed it anyhow!
Nathan came too. He snoozed for a little bit then played with the Milk Duds box the rest of the time. He was fantastic in the theater! For the record, this is NOT his first movie, he didn't really watch any of it! :) (Plus, he's a manly man and manly men don't watch a princess movie for their first movie!)
On Sunday afternoon we had the annual Advent night at church. There are crafts and games for the kiddos first followed by the decorating of the big tree and singing Christmas carols.
Mads did a great job making a reindeer necklace, including stringing on the beads!
Her finished product:
Playing Bingo:
Look! She has a BINGO!
Helping decorate the tree:
That was our fun decorating weekend! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the weekend too!
I leave you with one last picture - Happy Nate! (and super drooly Nate!)
No comments:
Post a Comment