Wednesday Mads went to the sitter's house. She has so much fun playing with her friends, they're way cooler than I am! :) Nathan and I hung out around the house and he tried some tummy time. He didn't mind it and was mostly working on moving his legs, trying to get a grip and scoot along. I told him there was no need to rush the scooting process! :)
Nathan and I did take a trip over to the Oshkosh office to say hi and show the little dude off. While we were there they surprised us with a giant diaper cake! This cake had EVERYTHING on it! We're so lucky to have people at the office who love us! :)

Thursday Mads, Nathan, and I were at home. I think we might've ran some errands, but I don't really recall. It was just a nice relaxing day with a cute little man!
Friday was a big day! At Nathan's first diaper change of the morning we found that his umbilical stump had finally come off! Look how cute that little button is - a perfect little swirl! (22 days old)
On Saturday Nathan was able to take a real big boy bath! We had to squeak him up since we were headed to a wedding that night!
We went to the wedding ceremony of some church friends, Matt and Wendy, in the afternoon and then the reception started at 5:30. After eating three helpings of beef and noodles, Mads was able to dig into one of the personal cakes. She loved all the whipped cream and chocolate on top!
After cake it was on to dancing!! Mads' bedtime is usually between 8:30 and 9:00 but I wanted to make sure that we stayed at the reception long enough so she could do some dancing. The music started about 8:45 and at first it was just kids on the dance floor. Mads didn't want to actually dance, so she ran laps around the dance floor for at least ten minutes! The girl was nuts! Once adults started dancing we had to break the news that she couldn't run anymore and she was a bit bummed, but then she started shaking her booty instead!
She slowed down long enough for a slow dance with Dad, too:
Twirling with Dad:
Dancing Queen!
SHOUT!
"A little bit softer now"
We stayed at the reception until 9:45 and Mads danced the entire time, only stopping to take a drink from her sippy. I was a bit nervous of a meltdown when it was time to go, but she was a trooper. I'm sure she knew how tired she was. She was, however, still up by 7 AM on Sunday!
Sunday was a nice day of going to church and relaxing with Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Marie. They had come up on Saturday morning because they had their own wedding reception to go to in Green Bay. They spent the night at our house, then went to church with us in the morning. After they left in the afternoon we went grocery shopping and once we came home we had movie night. Movie night had gotten to be a weekly occurrence before Nathan came, but we always seem to be so busy at night getting everybody to bed on time that we hadn't had one in about a month. So, this was Nathan's first movie night and the movie Maddie chose was "The Reef."
Monday was back to work for Andrew and back to the sitter for Mads. Nathan and I ran up to Appleton to pick up a few things that we forgot to get when we all went up on Friday. It was pretty bright out, so Nate donned his shades. What a stud! :)
On Sunday we got a tub of 3T clothes from a family at church who has a daughter about two years older than Mads. I went through the tub yesterday and in this tub was a winter coat that still has its tags on. Mads found the coat and decided she needed to wear it since it was raining outside (it really wasn't) and she could put the hood up. This was the sight in our house for at least two hours. Still helping Nathan despite the rain! :)
We went to Ripon to have lunch with Andrew yesterday. As I was putting Maddie's hair into a ponytail I decided to put it in a bun instead. I told Mads that she had a bun in her hair and she thought it was pretty cool. As we're driving to Ripon she pipes up from the backseat and tells me "I have sandwich in my hair!" Too funny!
Here's Maddie's "sandwich":
One more picture of the little dude. We've found that he isn't as big of a fan of the Nuk as Mads was. He'll take it, but only if he wants it, don't even think about it otherwise! He's made some pretty interesting faces at me when I try to give it to him and he doesn't want it. Here he is, with Nuk discarded to the side, where I usually find it hiding! (By the way, this is a 3 month outfit. The little dude no longer fits into his newborn clothing! A VERY different change from Mads who wore her newborn clothes way past three months!)
Have a good week everyone, thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment