Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The difference a year makes!

What fantastic weather we've been having!! I even had today and yesterday off from work so that Mads and I could enjoy the sunshine. We went to the park yesterday with Jen & Isaac. Mads has grown so much since the last time we went to the park in the fall. Mads didn't want to play on the little structure anymore, she wanted to play in the BIG play structure. I was still very nervous watching her, but she's very stable on her own. I can't believe what a big she's gotten to be! Here's video of Mads navigating the big structure, you can see the little one in the background.


And here she is last year, not even wanting to go down the slide on her own:


We're planning on enjoying more of the weather tonight, once Andrew gets home, with a bike ride. I've been wanting to go on a bike ride since January, and that's nowhere near practical! I don't know how much riding I'll be able to get in this year since riding probably won't be very comfortable once I'm bigger and then once Twosie is here I won't be riding then, as they'll be too small for the bike trailer.

We don't have a lot else to report. The last two Saturdays Mads went swimming with me as Andrew was at work, so I don't have any pictures. She has made a lot of progress again this year, even in just three sessions. She's now comfortable on her back as well as blowing bubbles. She LOVES jumping into the pool as well, standing all the way up too!

So, here are some pictures from the last two weeks.

Mads tries out her bike for the first time this year:

Singing "Twinkle Twinkle" into the microphone at Alice's house:

While I was cleaning the house Mads decided that her car was "dirty, dirty." I then found her cleaning it! (She did the inside too!)

Shopping for spring clothes and already realizing that nothing fits her body! ;)

Fun at the park!

Yes, her tongue is sticking out! :)

The last month or so we've had some interesting challenges in our house. Mads has begun twisting her hair as she's falling asleep. So, after every nap and each morning we have to deal with trying to get snaggles out of her hair. We've successfully gotten the snaggles out each time, except for once. One day she woke up from her nap looking like this:

A lovely up-do, perhaps?

No, just another giant nest of tangles! (We got them all out successfully!)

The one time I wasn't able to get the snaggles out was when she twisted in the front of her hair. I was so worried that we were going to have to get the snaggle-nest cut out and the location of the nest would have caused her to need bangs. I SO don't want to go back to bangs in her eyes! We kept working on it and finally we got most of it out. Some of the strands of hair ended up breaking, and we actually lost some hair, but not enough that you can notice. Here's Mads with her first hair "cut?"


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: