We've actually had two ultrasounds for Twosie already. The first was at 14 weeks and the second at 20. The reason for two ultrasounds is this: I took the home pregnancy test on November 9th and we thought that I was about four weeks along at this time. The doctors didn't want to see me for my first appointment until at least eight weeks, so we waited until December 16th for that appointment. The nurse midwife thought that I felt a bit bigger than I should be for ten weeks along so she scheduled an ultrasound for the following week. We went in on December 24th and found out that we were, in fact, 4 weeks farther along!! So we skipped ahead a whole month! Good news for any pregnant woman! Here are the first pictures of Twosie:

Twosie was waving away, which is why it says "Hi Maddy" (Twosie will have to learn how to spell his/her sister's name after their arrival!)


Then this past Friday we had the standard 20 week ultrasound to check that everything is developing properly. The ultrasound tech was very nice and told us everything she saw and said that everything was looking good. She also took alot of pictures for us, which I really appreciated! We didn't find out Twosie's gender, so we can have the joy of God's greatest surprise at his/her birth in June. Looks like a cutie in the making! :)





Maddie has been fantastic with all of my appointments. She went to both ultrasounds and saw "BABY!" on the screen. She also likes to hear the heartbeat and knows that it is "BABY!" as well. If you ask her where Mommy's baby is she will point to my belly and tell you "in there." She's also been known to randomly give the baby kisses. I think Mads is going to be a fantastic big sister once Twosie arrives!
I started feeling kicks and tumbles about two weeks ago, which is my absolute most favorite part of being pregnant. The kicks aren't strong enough to feel on the outside, so Andrew hasn't had a chance to feel them yet, but I'm guessing they'll start getting stronger pretty soon.
I've also been blessed with another wonderful pregnancy. No nausea, no vomiting, just a lot of tiredness but that's OK - I do love to nap! :) I'm also not as tired anymore as I was before the holidays.
So, things are going well. Twosie is growing and developing perfectly and I'm feeling good. Time is even going by quickly which means that June will be here before we know it and our family of 3 will become a family of 4!
Thanks for stopping by!
2 comments:
Skipping 4 weeks is awesome! Congrats!
WOW! I haven't been by for awhile so I just found out about Twosie!!!! Congrats!!!!!
And a belated happy birthday to adorable Maddie!!!
With love and prayers!
Kristi
Post a Comment