In Maddie's world it was a week at the sitter's. Like I mentioned last week, Mads did spend Monday with Aunt Jill, Claire and Nick since Jeannette was still off. I picked Mads up in Appleton after work and as they drove up I heard "Mamma!" out the window. So adorable! I missed my peanut, but it sounds like she sure had fun with her "cousies."
Tuesday - Friday Mads was at Jeanette's house. On Tuesday she came home with a really cute little visor that Jeanette helped her decorate. I absolutely love when she comes home with little art projects, they make my day!
Friday night, after work, was the return of Game Nite at the Ames'. The usuals were there: Barby, Ryan, Caden, Alexis, Danny and us. We haven't seen them since Pam's retirement party, which was about a month ago! They were so busy travelling all over that we hadn't had a chance to get together. It was so great to see them and catch up. Here's a picture of Mads playing with one of Caden's toys:
On Saturday the Josephs family split for the weekend. Mads and I headed down to Monroe while Andrew went to Green Bay. Saturday was the annual charter boat fishing trip for Eric's birthday. Since Andrew is normally gone for most of the day and night on the boat, then super tired the next day, Mads and I took advantage of our alone time and went to visit family in Monroe.
On Saturday afternoon we went over to GG's house. While Grandma and I were talking Mads had a blast playing with the toys. Toys are always more fun when they're at someone else's house, right? :)
Then Saturday night we had supper with Grandma J, Aunt Kimmy, and Jake. After Mads went to bed Kim, Jake and I played a round of Mall Madness and I SMOKED 'EM! :)
Sunday morning started out early when Mads was up by ten to 6. I guess she heard that we were planning on going out to breakfast with Grampa Jeff & Grandma Marie and she wanted to get there before the restaurant ran out of french toast! After breakfast we headed back to Grampa & Grandma's house to hang out.
Reading a book with Gramps:
Mads playing with the Chinese ball-thingies... you know the ones... you're supposed to be able to rotate them in the palm of your hand...
Trying on the life vest to make sure it still fits this year!
We headed back over to Gramma J's house around 11 and had lunch there with Gramma, Grandpa Thom and Grandma Honey. We had scalloped potatoes and ham. Mads scarfed down 3/4 of a large slice of ham like it was going out of style!
We left Monroe around 2:00 and Mads was asleep by Monticello. Apparently she had a fun weekend!
About an hour after we got home to Oshkosh Andrew got home. He had gone cherry picking in Door County with Grandma Mary, Aunt Jill, Claire and Nick. He brought me home a huge tupperware full of the cherries, which I made into a crisp that's baking right now. Mmmmm!!
Well, that's all from our week. I have two random pictures for you before you go.
Excited and waving to Gramma J:
An interesting new vacuuming maneuver!
Thanks for stopping by!
1 comment:
Busy, busy family! We know that Maddie isn't just sitting around this summer! Have fun on your upcoming trip. Looks like your countdown is down to single digits.
Post a Comment