Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rollin' in a Minivan!

What a busy week we had last week! It seems like we were running somewhere or doing something every single day!
Monday night after Andrew was done with work we went up to Kaukauna. We had been there the week before on Thursday and Saturday. We were eyeing up a minivan and went up on Monday to make it final. We traded in our Focus, which I was sad to see go, but I LOVE the minivan. It has so much room and Mads is able to get inside it all alone. It's a 2003 Town & Country and I'm excited to say that I DRIVE A MINIVAN! :)



Mads can drive!

Already messing with the radio!


Tuesday we had Softball, which we lost. :( Although we haven't won we always have a good time. We were invited over to Don & Amanda's house after the game for snacks and Rock Band. We were out pretty late, not getting home until 10PM. It's always fun to hang out with new people!




Wednesday I had off so Mads and I headed to Ripon to have lunch with Dad. Andrew didn't have an appointment right before lunch so I was able to have an exam. I haven't had a complete exam since Andrew was at ICO. After lunch we did a little shopping in downtown Ripon and I got a cute little welcome planter for the front porch. I planted it over the weekend and I think it turned out well. I'll have to snag a picture of it for you.

Friday was a nice day. The offices were closed, so Andrew and I had the day off together with Mads. We started out the day by hitting up the 6th and Idaho park. Mads showed off her new slide technique. She can go down backwards on her belly! She actually refuses to go down on her butt anymore!



She also found a cozy new way to teeter-totter!



And, of course, she's always a fan of the swings!


That afternoon we had an appointment in Ripon with the photographer for Maddie's 18 month pictures. We took some family photos as well. We have to go back sometime this week to look at the proofs and make our decisions!

Saturday was a super busy, but very fun day. We started out by going to the Oshkosh 4th of July parade with a family from church. Carl and Jen have daughter Abby, who I think is around 7 or 8, and baby Isaac who is just 4 months old. Mads thought the parade was pretty cool and even though she wasn't actively catching candy she scored a whole bunch!





After the parade we left for Green Bay to have lunch with Mary. The way the table was set up there wasn't much room for a high chair so we went with a booster seat instead. It was Maddie's first time with the booster and she did a pretty good job of sitting still and not fussing around!


On the way back from the restaurant we stopped at a park to play.




When Mads had enough of the playground we headed over to a little wading pool that the park had. We didn't have Maddie's swimsuit with us, so we just took off her shorts let her wade around. She had so much fun once she warmed up to the water.





We left Green Bay and headed back to Oshkosh to go over to Erin, Dave & Alice's house for a cook out. We had some yummy burgers and potato salad. When we were done eating we headed to Downtown Oshkosh for the Gallery Walk. They have the Gallery Walk once a month, but this month it was Public Enemies themed. We've never been to Gallery Walk before so it was something nice to do! We were even able to pile Erin, Dave & Alice into our new van - they were the first passengers in the WAY BACK and they gave the van a thumbs up! Alice, though, doesn't appear to be sold on it. ;)


Sunday was a day spent at home mowing the lawn and cleaning the house. Kim came up and got here around 6PM. Our babysitter is off this week, so Aunt "Mimmy" was nice enough to come up to watch Mads for us. Mads has been having an absolute blast going to the park and swimming with Mimmy.

Here are a few more pictures from last week. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

Sleeping with Big Puppy:

Going through her spoils from the parade:

Superstar!

First nap in the van!

No comments: