Monday, June 1, 2009

Wow Look! A Post!

Lookie here! It's Monday night and I have the time and energy to actually make a weekly recap post. Partly because I recapped part of the week last week Tuesday! :) Last weekend, as you know, we spent in Monroe for Memorial Day weekend. I then worked on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Friday was a cruddy morning as Andrew had patients starting 30 minutes earlier than normal and when he went to leave for work he had a flat tire. I couldn't just give him the other car as Mads and I had tons of errands to run, all which started at 7:30 with Lily's haircut! Andrew was able to get the tire changed, and luckily was only 15 minutes late to work.

Saturday was Maddie's Swimming Graduation. It's been 6 weeks of splashing fun already. She made tons of progress from the first class. Here are some pictures of her "jumping" in, which is more of a walk in, but more advanced than the butt-scoot she did at the beginning! :)



Getting her graduation certificate from her teacher!


Grandma Mary, Aunt Jill, Claire and Nick came down for graduation day, so once Mads had tubbed up we went out for a celebration lunch at Kodiak Jack's complete with ice cream!

Sunday after church Aunt Kimmy and Jake came up to try to help fix some of our wonky electric in our upstairs. It's quite odd that the switch at the bottom of the stairs turns on the light in the family room as well as the light in Maddie's room. We'd prefer not to illuminate her in the middle of the night when we flip on the switch so Jake was going to help us out. Turns out that whenever they make this crazy electrical situation they didn't make it properly so they couldn't find where the electric joins so that they could remove Maddie's light from the circuit. Oh well, this house is almost 90 years old. What do you expect? We really appreciated that Jake would come up to try to help us out. Mads had a blast seeing Aunt Kimmy and Jake and playing some toys with them!

Last night we had our new friends, Erin and Dave, over for dinner. I don't know if I can keep referring to them as "new" friends, anymore, since we've known each other now since before Christmas. Anyway... they came over with their daughter, Alice, for dinner, dessert and Wii. We also celebrated Alice's 1st birthday a couple days early.

I think that Mads and Alice will grow up to be good friends. As Erin and I discussed, they'll even be super cool in their respective high schools because they'll have a friend that goes to the OTHER school! :)

Hugs for Alice:


Matching Jammies... Erin and I promised that we would pull this picture out in 2026 for their graduation DVD's. (Which, I'm sure, won't be DVD's...)


Today we had Caden over to play. We took a walk this morning over to the little park where Mads did some climbing. She just loves playing outside!




So, that's the recap. Hope everyone has a wonderful first week of June.

What would a post be without some randoms?

Helping with the dishes:

Some askew sleeping!

Coloring:


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Alex has the same activity table and he loves it (we haven't attached the legs yet).

Erin said...

Alice and Maddie are already super cool kids -- they have friends from the other side of the river, man! :)

Also, Alice totally has those yellow pj's with the footsies, too.

(And obviously I'm slowly catching up on my blog reading -- don't judge me for being 11 days behind!)