Friday, May 8, 2009

Easter weekend

We headed down to Monroe for Easter weekend. I had to work until 5 that Friday, so we didn't get to Monroe until late Friday evening. Saturday we started out by showing Mads her new Cozy Coupe that she got from Grandma Jackie and Grandpa Thom as a housewarming gift. Mads LOVES her coupe. She doesn't know how to go forward yet, but she's good at driving in reverse. We just have to watch that she's not talking on her cell phone while driving!



Then we headed over to Grandma Honey's house and Mads played some with her Easter bunny. She's good at giving hugs now...


On Easter Sunday we woke up, got dressed, and hunted eggs! Mads had 6 extra large eggs to find that had "Little People" in them. She caught on very quickly and hunted down all of her eggs.




Mads also found her Easter basket, filled with lots of goodies, hidden in her coupe.




After a nice afternoon nap we all headed over to Aunt Barb's house for the Wunschel Easter. We weren't able to spend a lot of time with family since we got there late because of Maddie's nap, but it was nice to see everyone for the little bit that we did. Mads got a nice Easter basket there from GG and had fun with Allie. She also had a blast playing with MaKenzie and Abby and all of Ryan & Lisa's old toys!!

Hugging Allie:


That night Maddie stayed in Monroe as our babysitter had the next day off and both Andrew and I had to work. Mads had her very first sleepover without Mom & Dad at Gramma Jackie's that night. Lils took one for the team and stayed behind to make sure that Maddie had a good night. From what I heard from Lily it sounded like there was a lot of fun and spoliling going on that night!! I do have pictures from Gramma from the sleepover, but they're not on this computer. Maybe I'll post them later! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Woo hoo! More posts! I have been missing my weekly dose of the Josephs family. However, I understanding all about how moving takes up a lot of time.