Monday, January 19, 2009

Sledding!

You know what? I'm a boring blogger. Yep, that's me. A boring blogger. I read an article once about "Christmas Letter Blogs" discussing how many people write their blogs as they would a yearly Christmas letter. I think that's me. I think my problem comes from only blogging once a week. It's hard to do more than that, though, since my life seems to be pretty mundane. I wish I could write a more interesting blog like my new friend, Erin. She writes a good blog! But, she's a writer and works for a newspaper. That must be where she gets her mad blogging skills.

I'm going to try to pep up our blog and see if I can make it a bit more interesting for you when you come by! I don't think I'm going to start today, though. Not a lot of pep flowing out this afternoon! :)

We had a pretty basic week around here, mostly because it was too frigid to go anywhere and do anything else. The weekend was a different story. Yesterday it was a balmy 20 something degrees here in Oshkosh. I walked outside to go to church and declared it "warm." Andrew didn't agree so much. I think he's still thawing from last week!

We decided to take Mads out for her first sledding experience. After church we stopped back at home to bundle up and then headed out to "Garbage Hill." This was the only hill that Andrew and I could think of in Oshkosh. Mads wasn't the biggest fan of sledding as the powdery snow got in her face when coming down the hill. We made four trips down the hill before we called it a day!










Later yesterday afternoon we went over to Erin and Dave's house. We had some yummy lasagna and played Cranium. Mads played with their 7 1/2 month old daughter, Alice, and fed their dog, Mr. Big. Mads is such a good helper!
We were home by 9:15. Such is life with tiny tots!

Oh, speaking of tiny tots... I should give you Maddie's official stats from her one year check-up. Miss Madeline is 28.5 inches tall (about the 30th percentile) and a whopping 19 pounds (about the 20th percentile.) She had to get two vaccines and a lead level drawn. But, she was a champ and came out on the other side with Bugs Bunny bandaids! She goes back again for a 15th month check up in April.

Well, that's about it for now. I have a couple extra pictures from the week.

Shopping:

Trying to work the spoon by herself:


Double fisted sippy cups:

Watching dad shovel:

HEY!

Enjoying animal crackers:


Thanks for stopping by. I promise I'll try to be more peppy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog!