Sunday, August 3, 2008

August Already?

** Tuesday 8/5/08 - I started writing this post on Sunday, August 3rd. Since our camera broke two weeks ago I've gone back to using our old Kodak. When I downloaded pictures from the camera to the computer it decided to list all the pictures that I've taken since 2005 as taken on July 25, 2008. I also couldn't locate the pictures from the past week on the computer. I'm going to give it a try again and hopefully I will have some success!**

Has the time flown by or what? I can't believe it's already the first week of August. I had so many grand plans for the summer that have been sidelined due to my leg. Hopefully the summer weather will continue through August and into September so we can have some play dates, walks and other fun stuff for Maddie to experience during her first summer.

Monday evening was a pretty exciting night. Maddie was eating her Green Beans and decided that she really liked them and ate the entire container! Up to this point she had been eating about half of a container at a time. She must be hitting a growth spurt because she even had more formula throughout the day than normal. After Monday it really became a standard thing as she eats the whole container each time she eats. Here she is showing of her feat:


The work week this past week was pretty standard, but we had a fun weekend. On Friday afternoon we ran errands and bought carpeting for our living room. We bought a remnant to cover the majority of our living room to help facilitate Maddie's crawling. I've forgotten how much I love carpeting! We all got down on the floor and enjoyed the new squishiness! Maddie quickly rolled to places she has never been before. She also showed her readiness for crawling as she demonstrated her upper body strength with a few push-ups. Lily loves the carpet too as I can usually find her napping with her belly down.





Friday was also the first night of Carrots! Maddie eats the carrots like there is no tomorrow. She ate the entire container the very first night! They definitely seem to be her favorite veggie so far!




Saturday was pretty busy. It started out with Cookie Daze in Ripon. Maddie didn't participate in the cookie hunt, due to her lack of crawling and not having the ability to eat cookies yet, but she is excited for next year. Andrew worked the Rotary food tent and Maddie helped give change. I was even able to help, opening up the hot dog buns from my wheelchair! That evening we went up to Green Bay. Andrew's cousin, Heidi, and her family were in town from Arkansas. Andrew hasn't seen Heidi in many years, over six at least, since I had never met her. It was very nice to meet them as they are wonderful people. After dinner with them we headed back to Grandma Mary's for a while and Maddie showed off some of her rolling skills.

Andrew and Maddie at Cookie Daze:


Today we went to church and then came home and hung out. After Maddie's afternoon nap she hit the pool before the storms rolled in. She had fun splashing and playing with her new pool/tub toys.




That's about it for our news. I will be going in tomorrow to get my cast taken off! Let's hope that my bones look like they've healed well and that I will soon be able to walk again! Here are a few more pictures from our week.

Maddie rolls into uncharted territory. Who's that cute baby!?


Maddie discovers the fun in playing with Lily's toys (Sorry for the picture quality, these were taken with my camera phone)



Maddie inspects my cast for the last time!


Have a great week! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: